May 21st will we actually find out anything today ?

Yes RCI has done that before. The morning I went to book Freedom inaugural cruise there was NO pricing beforehand.:(

Emmy you are so correct! I remember sitting at my desk going through prices of the various cabins while on thr ohine with C&A to determine what we could afford for FR inaugural. And then remember, RC didn't even make that sailing special...other than a new ship. So many folks complained ...they did a lot more for the Liberty inaugural....or so I heard.

Hi Dee~ yes I have been involved in those a few times lol :) any plans for Quantum?? Not convinced I want to do the 8 night inaugural:(

Emmy,

We MAY still book the inaugural...just depends if we can get an appointment with The LA at an acceptable time on Tuesday. However, even if we book I am not 100% certain we will go. Lots of things we don't like so doubt we would pay the premium price for the first 8-night.

1. RC may call it "Inaugural" but really! Really, really? We knew the first two "inaugurals" we did were actually "the first revenue sailing" since they had several ...by invitation only "PI" and charity sailings prior to the first revenue sailing. But if they are having paying pax on the TA and paying pax on a few short night sailings then you aren't even on "the first revenue" sailing. So why pay higher prices?

2. Have no problem with ship being home ported in NJ and we think it would be great to go out of in summertime. Mr Ski won't even do Alaska during the summer because he relates "cruise" and "warm weather". Not sure we are ready for a "cold" cruise.

3. Ports! Really, if we wanted to see anything around Port Canaveral we would do it pre-cruise on a sailing from there. Don't think it would be a good port stop for us. Nassau? Embassy warnings on robberies, etc! The only thing we like about Nassau is one restaurant.

So we MAY book the "inaugural" just for the new ship. But it will depend on LA appointment on Tuesday and PRICING. More likely we will wait for summer 2015 itineraries to come out and hopefully do a Bermuda run.

Archived