ShotoJuku’s LEGENDary Mediterranean Adventure

Just a curious observation...

Thus far this thread has had more that 14,000+ views and yet only a mere 223 posts. It just seems that of all of the "views" there has only been around 1.5% of the amount of writtens posts; perhaps it's the "new math" but it just seems odd. :confused:

More pics to follow tomorrow! :D

Lot's of lurkers! The first 4 or 5 years I was on Cruise Critic I rarely posted...mostly just read...that is still my pattern. Looking forward to more pictures.

Thank you for your amazing review. I loved being able to visit Italy, without having yet been there. Now, I know what to expect when i'm finally able to get over there!

So, for your somewhere cruise next spring...how about the Carnival Liberty 7 day Eastern out of Miami??? That way, you can do a report, and I can relive it through you!!!!!!:p

No, just kidding! It was great to see everything you two experienced and hope you have 30 more years together!!

Just a curious observation...

Thus far this thread has had more that 14,000+ views and yet only a mere 223 posts. It just seems that of all of the "views" there has only been around 1.5% of the amount of writtens posts; perhaps it's the "new math" but it just seems odd. :confused:

More pics to follow tomorrow! :D

As mentioned many people 'subscribe' to the thread but don't necessarily post anything - as well each time you add a new 'post' those of us subscribed have to go 'view' it - so it doesn't mean 14,000 DIFFERENT people have viewed your post - but many of us have 'revisited' several times in order to catch up, see the pics, read the new posts, etc :)

Lot's of lurkers! The first 4 or 5 years I was on Cruise Critic I rarely posted...mostly just read...that is still my pattern. Looking forward to more pictures.

I guess I do my share of "lurking" per se but I also leave my fair share of comments along the way. Thanks for doing both and I will be returning to posting more pics tomorrow. :D

232323232%7Ffp73487%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3596%3C29%3B62348nu0mrj

I sure missed those Carnival "glasses" on our May Ecstasy cruise, they were noticeably no longer available :mad: -and the replacement was not nearly as tasty going down the hatch! Nice to see some ships still have them, it is like a ritual on a cruise. Maybe now that Bob is back the glasses will return.

Looking forward to your additional photos. It is so refreshing to see how crazy you and your bride are about each other! Carry on!

Susan

BACK<----

To The PHOTOS

As promised I will be posting some new and miscellaneous pics that I took along the way starting in Venizia and will continue through our itinerary until we reach Barcelona.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7794%3Dot%3E3583%3D%3A%3B5%3D725%3DXROQDF%3E2755937679257ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp73499%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3664%3A4326%3A348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54397%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3664%3A4326%3B348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54388%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3664%3A43272348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp543%3A4%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3664%3A43273348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp73476%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3664%3A33893348nu0mrj

Ciao For Now!!

Edited by ShotoJuku

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this great review and pictures! I really enjoyed following along on your trip, starting with your surprise in post #1 that brought tears to my eyes.

Seeing this review brought back great memories of my Med cruise two years ago.

I hope you and your lovely bride enjoy many more cruises to come!

Thank you for your amazing review. I loved being able to visit Italy, without having yet been there. Now, I know what to expect when i'm finally able to get over there!

So, for your somewhere cruise next spring...how about the Carnival Liberty 7 day Eastern out of Miami??? That way, you can do a report, and I can relive it through you!!!!!!:p

No, just kidding! It was great to see everything you two experienced and hope you have 30 more years together!!

Thank you! Funny you should mention the Liberty as we are looking at either the Liberty or perhaps Legend once again should the Panama Canal Crossing dates work for us.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this great review and pictures! I really enjoyed following along on your trip, starting with your surprise in post #1 that brought tears to my eyes.*

Seeing this review brought back great memories of my Med cruise two years ago.

I hope you and your lovely bride enjoy many more cruises to come!

Thanks so much!

*Me too, especially when I got the bill.....Kidding! :D

Thank you! Funny you should mention the Liberty as we are looking at either the Liberty or perhaps Legend once again should the Panama Canal Crossing dates work for us.

Will the Legend be transiting the Panama Canal? We've been looking for a Panama cruise, but only see the Carnival Imagination on 1-10-14.

Will the Legend be transiting the Panama Canal? We've been looking for a Panama cruise, but only see the Carnival Imagination on 1-10-14.

Yes she is. While we were on the Legend Behind The Fun tour last month the Captain said that legend will be repositioned to Austrailia in the Spring/Summer 2014.

OK, here's just a couple more including something that buzzed the bell tower at incredible speed; I still have no idea what it was?

stid-cgos-02.jpg

I am surprised you didn't recognize that - a 'mini-version' of the Starship Enterprise of course! :D:D

After checking out of the Olimpia we found our way over to the people mover that requires that you purchase a ticket for 1€ each. Fortunately I had a 2€ coin in my pocket so after navigating through the automated machine for a few minutes I was able to make our purchase and made our way over to the turnstile’s that have swinging arms that open and close very fast. I went through first pulling the two LARGE suitcases behind me and then it was my Brides turn, or so I thought. In an effort to be helpful and even a little gallant I told my Bride to bring to put the two small suitcases right in front of her, scan the ticket and that I would pull them through and she could follow right behind them.

IMG_4028.jpg

Venezia-funicolare-venice-way-of-transport.jpg

10_people_mover_tronchetto_3_ticket_machines_fe_275_e4196359.jpg

Ready-Set-Go….Ticket scanned – swing arms open – suitcases pulled through – and bride too….NOT! Just as soon as I pulled the suitcases through the turnstile arms closed at warp speed leaving me and all of the luggage on one side and she on the other. Of course she could have crawled under and probably ended up in jail or just go back and purchase another ticket except for the fact that I didn’t have another € coin but only € bills, the smallest being a five. So off she went around the corner with a five € bill and I waited and waited and waited for her return…

After several minutes she finally returned somewhat exasperated yet with ticket in hand. It seems that the ticket machine was a bit stubborn in accept her money until another passenger waiting behind her graciously gave her a 1€ coin and assisted her in pointing out that to select the “English” setting on the machine to stop looking for the USA flag symbol but to push the British flag instead. Once again, there’s no place like home!

Some additional People Mover Pics, the platform and inside.

232323232%7Ffp5435%3B%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D3665487442348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp5436%3A%3Enu%3D4492%3E9%3C4%3E634%3EWSNRCG%3D366548%3B%3B%3A%3B348nu0mrj

I am loving your pictures and review! i wish we were back on our Legend. This cruise has made me a lifetime cruiser!

We had such a blast exploring Pompeii with you guys! I hope we can meet again!

Wonderful review. I agree 100%. Wish i was there. Oh yeah i was there. Could not have written it any better. Great job!!!!!!!!
Thanks - of course I owe you a thank you for providing me with such a great shot of Trigger's...not so...better side! :D

I am loving your pictures and review! i wish we were back on our Legend. This cruise has made me a lifetime cruiser!

We had such a blast exploring Pompeii with you guys! I hope we can meet again!

Thanks and yes it was a "blast" in Pompeii both when we visited and on August 24th 79 AD too! :D