Photo Tour of the Breakaway - May 2013

A favorite hangout was the Uptown Grill on Deck 16...open for breakfast and lunch during the day

8764506693_5415beb191_b.jpg

It was very neat to find these machines here...and in the Garden Cafe...

Lemonade and flavored waters... Kiwi some days, Mango the others.

8764446487_cda4ea6112_b.jpg

8764478049_9fb7b945ff_b.jpg

I have a couple of questions, please. How many passengers were on your sailing?? Am I right that the Cafe at the atrium has no free sweets...only the pay for Carlos items? So his stuff is available in two different areas of the ship? Thanks!:)

I heard (second hand) that we were 90-95% capacity.

Yes, no free sweets at the Atrium Cafe. The actual Bake Shop is not open for long hours...so this is spot for an off-hour treat.

This was my biggest surprise. Without a doubt, our favorite hangout turned out to be Spice H2O. I don't know if it was the friendly company, the views ...or Winston, the greatest bar waiter in the Western Hemisphere that made it special...but we just loved it there.

8767199156_627ae76dcd_b.jpg

8767190142_6428d25af5_b.jpg

8767189526_3ffc6c9d9c_b.jpg

Hot dogs are free... but watch the short cart hours.

only 11:30-3:00 on the Waterfront... and then 3:00 to 5:00 back in Spice.

8767189030_c7dea4d6fc_b.jpg

8767188596_342c10ce66_b.jpg

...as a Long Islander, we forgive the typo for Sag Harbor.

8764476045_23e8e61416_b.jpg

8764461781_74642f5eca_b.jpg

8767172926_5f661c4126_b.jpg

The secret is NOW out... here is the "secret" free Vibe.

Spice is adults-only... peek around the corner on the port side of Spice and discover a few clamshells in a private area, right next to the warm showers. Let the waiter know you need to see him frequently...and you've got it made!

8767172494_68b326d648_b.jpg

8764459179_62c5893b86_b.jpg

8767170060_526ca76307_b.jpg

8767164998_8b38237c79_b.jpg

Were you able to buy spa pass in the waiting area before boarding the ship or you had to go directly to the Spa?

Thanks.

Unlike other times, there were NO tables in the terminal... not for Spa, Specialty Restaurants...anything. :o

You had to go up to the Spa to get the pass.

Still higher to go...as we climb to Deck 17

The Upper Freestyle Sundeck, now just named "Sundeck".. but I believe it is still true to the 'Freestyle' spirit. (...ahem.)

8767192536_f74276acc2_b.jpg

Now, to take a good look at Vibe...first, the Cabana Side...

8767195692_27024c6a34_b.jpg

A nice private bar here...and another smaller one outside the area for non-Vibe passersby.

8767195264_d90e0ffeb7_b.jpg

The Cabana "capsule"

8767194862_e76aa637b9_b.jpg

After being all the way up... it is fitting to finish all the way down.

We had a Behind the Scenes tour and got a chance to view the inner workings of the ship.

The sheer volume of...well...everything is awesome. It was amazing to see the Laundry, for example, and the hi-tech machinery used to handle sheets, towels, etc. The automation was amazing...and necessary.

8764464331_52a64abdb4_b.jpg

8767175562_9371856753_b.jpg

8764463611_42f34bb8a1_b.jpg

8764462723_b34e1abe32_b.jpg

This is the main corridor of the crew area, like on other ships, and runs the full length of the ship.... it is lovingly referred to as "I-95."

8767174144_989950f900_b.jpg

A tour of the Galley was also fascinating...it was huge!

8767173840_92bd8e4c0b_b.jpg

That wraps up my photo tour... I hope it helped some of you get a better feel for this new ship...

...it takes a full week just to take it all in!

If I have omitted any area, please post and I will see if I have images.

Later to follow will be my Trip and Port Review on a new thread.

(Once I sort through those pictures... :o )

Thank you very very much Ron! I love seeing your pictures and they get me excited in the upcoming cruise on Breakaway in the Labor Day week.

And thank you so much for giving us some insider tips (like the clam seats in the non-Vibe area).

May I ask how many hot tubs (other than those in the Vibe and the Spa) Breakaway has? Any "not so busy" one that you would suggest?

That wraps up my photo tour... I hope it helped some of you get a better feel for this new ship...

...it takes a full week just to take it all in!

If I have omitted any area, please post and I will see if I have images.

Later to follow will be my Trip and Port Review on a new thread.

(Once I sort through those pictures... :o )

Hurry up, will ya?:D We are leaving this Sunday!

Thanks again for an amazing picture tour!

May I ask how many hot tubs (other than those in the Vibe and the Spa) Breakaway has? Any "not so busy" one that you would suggest?

Two Hot Tubs back in Spice H20... never crowded and no kids allowed.

...four Hot Tub pods around the main pool, also.

Two Hot Tubs back in Spice H20... never crowded and no kids allowed.

...four Hot Tub pods around the main pool, also.

Thank you so much for your quick responses, Ron!

I will wait patiently for your reviews (and sorry for being greedy, wondering if you may be able to post copies of the Freestyle Daily and restaurant menus?)

Best regards,

Mandy

(103 more days to go - can't wait to get onto the beautiful Breakaway!)

I will wait patiently for your reviews (and sorry for being greedy, wondering if you may be able to post copies of the Freestyle Daily and restaurant menus?)

Mandy... I rarely capture the MDR restaurant menus, since they are subject to change; most of the Specialty restaurants are available on the Norwegian site.

It might take until the weekend, but I'll try and scan the dailies... no promises, but I'll try. :p

Mandy... I rarely capture the MDR restaurant menus, since they are subject to change; most of the Specialty restaurants are available on the Norwegian site.

It might take until the weekend, but I'll try and scan the dailies... no promises, but I'll try. :p

*nod nod* Thank you! :D

Great photos! Always like your work. I have a question about Vibe. I thought I read somewhere that the Vibe is for Haven guests. Is this true? But Im thinking that Spice will be my spot. Really like the way it looks cut off from everything.

Great photos! Always like your work. I have a question about Vibe. I thought I read somewhere that the Vibe is for Haven guests. Is this true? But Im thinking that Spice will be my spot. Really like the way it looks cut off from everything.

Thanks... the revelation is that Vibe is not a Haven perk.... or so we were told. The private Haven Sundeck is outside, and next to it.

It is a pay venue for anyone that wants the privacy of the facility.

Hi Ron! Love the photos. As always, we can count on you for a great photo tour!

I have a request...not sure if you participated in your roll call's cabin crawl. I saw that Suite 11908 was on that crawl. Would you happen to have any photos from that room, as we've heard that the layouts on decks 11 and 14 are different than the other aft suites on the ship. Thanks!

I have a request...not sure if you participated in your roll call's cabin crawl. I saw that Suite 11908 was on that crawl. Would you happen to have any photos from that room, as we've heard that the layouts on decks 11 and 14 are different than the other aft suites on the ship. Thanks!

Hi Michele... no, i did not go on the Cabin Crawl. I'd be curious as well, since that could be my next target cabin. :cool:

Archived