Majestic Tours - Atlantis Passes - FYI

merrysunshine74

Hi Everyone,

Going on Carnival Pride to Florida/Bahamas June 9-16. Had a mild freakout over the weekend when I saw that Majestic removed its Atlantis tours from its website. Heard good things about them on CruiseCritic, and given that their price for 1 adult and 1 child is over ONE HUNDRED dollars cheaper than the ship's excursion (excludes transportation and lunch, but I'm still coming out ahead when there's a $100 difference), I would much rather book through Majestic.

Anyway, I emailed them to ask what happened, and got a very nice email back saying they still offer the day passes but that I have to do it over email, rather than thru the website due to some legal wrangling with Atlantis over advertising the day passes on the Majestic website. In other words, passes are still available thru Majestic, but you need to email them to arrange it. My contact was a very helpful person named Karen.

Just wanted to pass this along for anyone interested in booking through Majestic. Hope this helps!

So has anyone else ever booked thru Majestic? Do you get to enjoy Aquaventure if you book through Majestic? Just trying to figure why they are so much cheaper...usually there's some type of catch.

Majestic sells for the same price that Atlantis sells their passes. The cruiselines overcharge to make a profit.

So has anyone else ever booked thru Majestic? Do you get to enjoy Aquaventure if you book through Majestic? Just trying to figure why they are so much cheaper...usually there's some type of catch.

I learned about Majestic through the boards here and always read good things about them. I don't mind paying a little over thru the cruise ship, but $100 over? No thank you. That's price-gouging and it's ridiculous.

That's a great point. To me, last year, going to Nassau with my best friend and no kids, we were like, no way are we doing Atlantis. We bummed around Nassau and had a great time.

With the kids going with us this year, however, we decided to do it because it seemed like a special experience that will create some great memories. Does it kill me to think it's way overpriced? Yes. It's the reason we never went to Disney, which is also an option on this cruise. I balance out the reasoning for the price given the ridiculously low price we paid for the cruise ($300 cheaper than the exact same cruise last year), and the fact that I don't use the spa or do excursions in the other ports (I like to explore on my own, and all that costs is a few cab rides). This is our "splurge." I feel lucky I only have one kid. It really adds up with multiple family members!

how far in advance do the day passes go on sale? I contacted Majestic yesterday for our forthcoming visit in December and was told they were not on sale so far in advance. Can anyone help so I can contact her at a more appropriate time?

how far in advance do the day passes go on sale? I contacted Majestic yesterday for our forthcoming visit in December and was told they were not on sale so far in advance. Can anyone help so I can contact her at a more appropriate time?

Probably 2 months or so. Prices change all the time, I'm sure they don't want to get stuck with the difference.

Probably 2 months or so. Prices change all the time, I'm sure they don't want to get stuck with the difference.

Thanks scubagirrl, i sent them an e-mail and she said 1 week before? surely that is leaving it a little late ?

I just booked with them 2 weeks in advance, and they were very helpful. Got an email confirmation that we were all set less than 8 hrs after sending the email. So maybe 2 weeks is ok? Hope this helps! They were very nice, and the confirmation we received was full of very helpful info. I'm very impressed so far. And happy not to be paying Carnival's jacked-up prices for the exact same thing.

I already booked Atlantis for my daughter and her friend through carnival. Wonder if it can be cancellled and then book through majestic. I am sure they would both like to sabe 50 bucks each???

Archived