Embarkation Day Lunch

DarceyJK

Wow - You guys are all so awesome! Thanks so much for the advice. Hey, anyone know what the booze situation is? Do you get free liquor in the cabin, or is it appropriate to order a bar setup?? Vacation = FUN!! :D

Unless you are in the Garden Villa or the Deluxe Owners Suite, you do not get any free bottles of alcohol.

I have never needed to order a bar setup in the courtyard. If you need alcohol, order it through your Courtyard Valet or the Butler.

you can find more The Haven info here too with lots on the full cruise.

ncl.com/WelcomeTheHaven

Be sure to place your order for pillow preferences before boarding. A letter will arrive with your priority luggage tags with more information on how to contact NCL about The Haven perks.

On NCL ships they keep the "Corkage" wine in a cellar and will bring your partial bottle to any restaurant you are eating at on the ship. That way you won't have to kill a bottle with each meal.

Unless you are in the Garden Villa or the Deluxe Owners Suite, you do not get any free bottles of alcohol.

I have never needed to order a bar setup in the courtyard. If you need alcohol, order it through your Courtyard Valet or the Butler.

OK, will do! I was just thinking we would like a drink on the deck while we are cruising the Inside Passage. Thanks!

Booked in the Haven and have no idea what is being offered!!

I find that interesting

Our first cruise with NCL was 5 years ago for my husbands 50th birthday. I surprised him with the trip and NCL fit our schedule. We had never traveled with them before. I told our TA I wanted the best room on the ship and we were in the OS on one of the ships. (I don't even remember which one, but it was one of the smaller ones going out of NYC.) I had no idea the perks that went with the room. Our TA had told me but I didn't pay a lot of attention. We had cruised 4 other lines and I figured they were all about the same. Boy was I wrong.

It was on the second day of the cruise before we realized our room had a doorbell. I would hear the dings and wait for an announcement like I was used to on other lines. I was a little surprised about our butler just walking in and he seemed a little surprised to find us in the room on a couple of occasions. After I realized what I was hearing was the doorbell we were all a little more comfortable.

We were sold on NCL after that cruise and have cruised a few times on other lines but never have had the treatment we receive with the suite life. NCL is our line now and we always go with them when we have the option.

So I guess what I am saying is that at times there are guest who really don't know about the perks.

Our first cruise with NCL was 5 years ago for my husbands 50th birthday. I surprised him with the trip and NCL fit our schedule. We had never traveled with them before. I told our TA I wanted the best room on the ship and we were in the OS on one of the ships. (I don't even remember which one, but it was one of the smaller ones going out of NYC.) I had no idea the perks that went with the room. Our TA had told me but I didn't pay a lot of attention. We had cruised 4 other lines and I figured they were all about the same. Boy was I wrong.

It was on the second day of the cruise before we realized our room had a doorbell. I would hear the dings and wait for an announcement like I was used to on other lines. I was a little surprised about our butler just walking in and he seemed a little surprised to find us in the room on a couple of occasions. After I realized what I was hearing was the doorbell we were all a little more comfortable.

We were sold on NCL after that cruise and have cruised a few times on other lines but never have had the treatment we receive with the suite life. NCL is our line now and we always go with them when we have the option.

So I guess what I am saying is that at times there are guest who really don't know about the perks.

Thank you for posting this and not making me feel like a completely ignorant newbie! LOL! Just what you posted, the little insider things like the "doorbell" are exactly what I'm looking for! You ROCK!!

Archived