Corner Brook

What does one do in Corner Brook? The ship's tours are fairly expensive. Is there something that we can do without renting a car?

We are in port on Sept. 23rd from 12 noon until 9 pm.

Suggestions are welcome!

Vicki

What does one do in Corner Brook? The ship's tours are fairly expensive. Is there something that we can do without renting a car?

We are in port on Sept. 23rd from 12 noon until 9 pm.

Suggestions are welcome!

Vicki

Vicki, we did a private tour with martins transportation. We were able to go up the coast line to Broom Point ( i think thats the right name) and see some amazing volcanic rocks on the beach. We went to a little hole in the wall restaurant and had the best scallops i have ever had. Ask for colleen as your guide. She was wonderful. We took our cruise specifically because it went to Newfoundland and we were not disappointed. They will tailor the tour to what ever you want to see, in the time that you have.

A good little pub frequented by the locals and listen to some good real down home music. Although they speaks the Queens english in Nfld you may find the dialect a bit different than you are used to at home. And don't forget to "kiss the codfish", a true Nfld tradition. I would however stay away from the "fish and brews".

Archived