Century Just Released More Cruises?

curtdesilets

I thought Century was going in for a full dry dock next March.

Now, all of a sudden, they have scheduled more pacific coastal cruises in March of 2014.

What the heck is going on?

Host Andy...do you have any news about this?

I think the answer to your question was already provided in Andy's post on the Century dry dock schedule.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1846120

"In order to incorporate a series of new guest-inspired enhancements – including new staterooms, new luxury suites, and a new look reflective of Celebrity’s award-winning Solstice Class fleet in the restaurants, bars and lounges on Celebrity Century -- the ship will enter a drydock period beginning February 4, 2014. The sailing previously scheduled on that date, as well as three successive sailings – February 19, March 6, and March 21, 2014 – have been canceled, in order to allow for the four-week drydock and to modify the latter itinerary to offer two Coastal cruises, based on guest demand."

I would surmise that the new coastal itineraries are intended to be shakedown cruises for working out any kinks after the refurb.

I thought Century was going in for a full dry dock next March.

Now, all of a sudden, they have scheduled more pacific coastal cruises in March of 2014.

What the heck is going on?

Host Andy...do you have any news about this?

Hi Curt,

Century will be having what seems to be an extensive Drydock - looks to be about 4 weeks. The coastal sailings were pretty much expected. They are scheduled post drydock, when she returns to the West Coast.

Hi Curt,

Century will be having what seems to be an extensive Drydock - looks to be about 4 weeks. The coastal sailings were pretty much expected. They are scheduled post drydock, when she returns to the West Coast.

I think that is even better for us. We plan for a later April Pacific Coastal cruise, so hopefully the bugs will be worked out by then.

Cannot wait to see the new Century.

Archived