Jewel 9500

DarceyJK

Hello. My friend's have booked Forward Penthouse 9500 for our Alaskan cruise leaving June 29th. I've been reading that their balcony may be unusable for this cruise. Is this correct? Maybe they can think about changing their cabin?:confused:

Where did you read that?

These balconies are sometimes restricted if the winds are high. And, there is a lighting issue at night so as to not bother the bridge (night vision).

I read it one a couple of threads here in CC.

Again, what is the nature of the supposed problem??? Hard to say it is unusable without a reason. We have been exclusive in forward facing for several years now and never found them unusable?? Try either posting a link or quote the specifics and we may be able to reply.

Again, what is the nature of the supposed problem??? Hard to say it is unusable without a reason. We have been exclusive in forward facing for several years now and never found them unusable?? Try either posting a link or quote the specifics and we may be able to reply.

There were several reasons listed. Among them: weather and wind, along with unknown reasons for the balconies being shut down. I was just wondering if anyone out there has had this issue before. If not, it wont be a problem.

On some ships at night you have to keep the drapes closed to not bother the bridge. When the ship is underway the wind speed is the speed of the ship, so somewhat breezy. We were out there day and night. When seated there was no/minimal wind and we were able to relax, eat and drink out there.

In other than the most severe storm conditions I cannot imagine them shutting down the balconies. If it were that bad you would not want to be out there anyway.

We consider them the best locations on the ship. When arriving in port and departing the view is amazing.

Some of the best suites on the ships are up there, DOS and OS.

Archived