Hi

I am sailing into Galveston in November

We are picking our hire car up at Sears at

Texas City

How far away is thar from the port and

how much will a cab cost,

Thanks

Steve

Enterprise and others have cars in Galveston. It's quite a distance to Texas City.

We would love to take a Panama Canal cruise. It would be great if RC would offer it from Galveston! Maybe if enough people suggest it . . . ? :D

We have given up and booked Lauderdale via Canal to Dan Diego

in 2014.

Enterprise and others have cars in Galveston. It's quite a distance to Texas City.

Come in early or stay over and rent a car around

Enterprise schedules and policies, which I presume are dictated

by fact they are a independent franchise and

I presume not in a cooperative economic fee basis with

other Houston area franchises with coordination of vehicles between them.

Some one is losing economically with the present situation???

Locally they close Saturday at noon and reopen

on Monday morning.

Isn't Princess also going to start sailing from the Houston Cruise Port?

I would love to see some more options out of the Houston/Galveston area. I, too, would love to do a full transit of the Panama Canal out of Galveston Bay area. Also, would really like Royal to add a third itinerary on Navigator, like Carnival does with Magic, and do the Key West/Coco Cay/Nassau cruise.

Pete

I agree, We just had to do Carnival for the Eastern Itinerary.

You can only do the ports so often, then what..... go to another line,

such a shame, would have loved to do it Royal style.

:rolleyes:

That's great news! Did you hear this from a very reliable source?

No only rationale because the canal then will take the bigger ships.

And RCL will want to do something different.

Probable wishful thinking only!

Then we could take it out of Galveston or into Galvezton.

We live in Galveston and rather than have to travel both

To/from Florida/California and Galveston.

One air travel vs two.

No only rationale because the canal will take bigger ships.

And RCL will want to do something different.

Probable wishful thinking only!

Then we could take it out of Galveston.

We live there!

It makes sense. It is wishful thinking on our part as well. Well, we can hope. :D

Hi

I am sailing into Galveston in November

We are picking our hire car up at Sears at

Texas City

How far away is thar from the port and

how much will a cab cost,

Thanks

Steve

It's about 10 min from there. If that.

It makes sense. It is wishful thinking on our part as well. Well, we can hope. :D

Come join in November for repo 11/3 and TA 11/10 Navigator

Rome to Barcelona and Barcelona to Galveston .

Your close in Oklahoma.

I am so happy RC will have the NOS in Galveston year round. I guess one step at a time. Now I would like to see them bring back the Key West cruise. We did it many times on the Rhapsody. I took the Carnival Magic for the Key West cruise. Never again. I guess I am too old :( for Carnival, too much loud music and dancing :confused:in the MDR for me.

I am so happy RC will have the NOS in Galveston year round. I guess one step at a time. Now I would like to see them bring back the Key West cruise. We did it many times on the Rhapsody. I took the Carnival Magic for the Key West cruise. Never again. I guess I am too old :( for Carnival, too much loud music and dancing :confused:in the MDR for me.

Yes, I agree about the music. We did the Eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival Conquest in 2011 because we wanted the itinerary and didn't want to fly to Florida. As you can see we made the switch. We prefer Royal. :D

It will be interesting to see what happens to the industry here.

The port of Houston is giving ncl and princess a great deal. They are basically letting the two lines dock for free. On top of that, every body that comes on and off the ships are charged fees within the cruise cost. I think its close to fifty a head. The port is letting the cruise lines keep everything instead of retaining the fees. It's great incentive to princess and ncl.

It will without a doubt grow in this area. The biggest problem we have in this area is the transportation. We have construction going on that will be finished in a couple years, but our taxi, bus, and public transportation needs attention.

Lots of my clients are port employees. They tell me our ports are not cable of handling oasis class, but can squeeze freedom class. If we get one of those ships that will surely bring in more tourism. The carnival magic does well in this area. Its a New 130k ton ship. I'm glad other liners are giving the love too. When they announce the placement of the anthem and a rumored third oasis class it will give some clarity. This should be cool.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the industry here.

The port of Houston is giving ncl and princess a great deal. They are basically letting the two lines dock for free. On top of that, every body that comes on and off the ships are charged fees within the cruise cost. I think its close to fifty a head. The port is letting the cruise lines keep everything instead of retaining the fees. It's great incentive to princess and ncl.

It will without a doubt grow in this area. The biggest problem we have in this area is the transportation. We have construction going on that will be finished in a couple years, but our taxi, bus, and public transportation needs attention.

Lots of my clients are port employees. They tell me our ports are not cable of handling oasis class, but can squeeze freedom class. If we get one of those ships that will surely bring in more tourism. The carnival magic does well in this area. Its a New 130k ton ship. I'm glad other liners are giving the love too. When they announce the placement of the anthem and a rumored third oasis class it will give some clarity. This should be cool.

The future of the industry in southeast Texas will be interesting to watch.

Will Houston continue to pay the cruise lines to sail from Bayport?

And if not will the lines pull out?

Archived