Dolphin Encounter for Kids/PV??

ml64

We're traveling with DS (5yrs) in October on the Sapphire Princess. One of the excursions listed while in PV is a Dolphin Encounter for Kids (ages 4-8). I was thinking that it would be ideal for the "munchkin" rather than the swimming with dolphin excursions (just concerned he might be too afraid on the more in-depth excursions).

Wondering if anyone around the boards ever particiated and what thoughts they had. As always, these boards are wonderful. Thanks in advance for your help :) .

Lynn

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

My 4 year old went on the Dolphin Encounter in Puerto, one of the guys there put the kids on his back and let the dolphin run them around the pool. She had a blast. The kids actually get on the knee high water platform and dolphins come up to them. Princess told me they would not sell me a Swim with the Dolphins ticket, they do check the ages, I was told.

Thanks for the info, I'd hate to book the swim on the chance that they don't check and then miss out completely. I appreciate it! The encounter will be fun, say did you or another adult buy an encounter ticket (or did you see other parents) in there with the kids? Or is this COMPLETELY a 4-8 year old thing?

Hi! My hubby and I were in acapulco three years ago and did a dophin swim there. I have a 6 and 4 year old now and I really think they are too young for it. It might just be them, but I think they might be a bit freaked. That being said, the water park where they are located is AWESOME! It is called "CiCi". There is a huge wave pool where you can float in the sun, there are waterslides and there is a great dolphin show. Hubby and I went there on our last day and wished that we had found it earlier....I would highly recommend it for kids. From what I remember it is not too far from Walmart either....LOL it is always fun to see the difference in the stores!

Have fun!;)

Archived