Finally, we made it onboard Allure (only 8 months later than planned), so the review!

What did we not do?

Experience Dazzles and the wonderful views from this 2 storey venue.

Highlights:

Park Café

Lowlights:

Inconsistency of provision of things like paper cups for hot beverages

Diamond Lounge, although a great space to have a coffee during the day and people watch on the Royal Promenade, very under utilised as far too small for the number of C&A Diamond members (and up on US sailings)

Glad you two had a great time, and that you liked the ship better than us :D (was afraid my thoughts from February would have influenced you in a bad way ;) ).

Don't do my time again, we did the classic dining and liked it WAY better than the times we did my time...Waiters are just no fun in the my time dining due to the over hassle of turning tables (fear for this on the Epic).

Awesome review! So detailed and well-written. I love the links to Patrick's blog too. Thanks so much for sharing.

Bring your own travel mug, whatever, from home and just use their smaller cup to fill yours. If its large enough, two cups. ;)

This is what we do too! Forgot them on our Jewel cruise last week, and I really missed having it around! During the day, I fill it with ice and the flavored water, so it serves as a cold cup too.

Glad you two had a great time, and that you liked the ship better than us :D (was afraid my thoughts from February would have influenced you in a bad way ;) ).

Don't do my time again, we did the classic dining and liked it WAY better than the times we did my time...Waiters are just no fun in the my time dining due to the over hassle of turning tables (fear for this on the Epic).

I always appreciate your reviews, but went with an open mind. I agree about MTD, but only in this size of ship I think. When we've had it on others it's been better than traditional for us.

I don't think you'll have a problem on Epic (looking forward to your review on that) as it is the norm on NCL.

Awesome review! So detailed and well-written. I love the links to Patrick's blog too. Thanks so much for sharing.

This is what we do too! Forgot them on our Jewel cruise last week, and I really missed having it around! During the day, I fill it with ice and the flavored water, so it serves as a cold cup too.

Thanks for the compliments, glad you enjoyed the 'ride'.

I enjoyed the review and format. The information here and on the blog was an easy/enjoyable read and your photos are great.

Between this review and Sherri's. I am starting to consider sailing on of the "big girls" someday.

Archived