Alcohol Confusion

kcellup

Can I purchase alcohol bottles on board to enjoy on the cruise?? I have heard on here that yes you can. I want to use OBC so this seems like a great option. So I emailed Carnival, this was there reply...

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

In regards to your inquiry, you would not be able to use the onboard credit to pre order alcohol through the Fun Shops. You can purchase bottles of wine through the dining room you can have with dinner. Bottles of liquor can be purchased onboard at the gift shop however they will be healed until the end of the cruise, you cannot consume them onboard. The onboard credit can be used towards any purchase onboard since it is applied to your sail & sign account. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you again for allowing us to be of assistance. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Tammie Jacobs

Guest Solutions E-Team

I've. Been reading so much about "ordering from room service" and I'm willing to try this out as opposed to pressing my luck "smuggling" a bottle on board for my upcoming August cruise :p...thanx for the info.

Can I purchase alcohol bottles on board to enjoy on the cruise?? I have heard on here that yes you can. I want to use OBC so this seems like a great option. So I emailed Carnival, this was there reply...

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

In regards to your inquiry, you would not be able to use the onboard credit to pre order alcohol through the Fun Shops. You can purchase bottles of wine through the dining room you can have with dinner. Bottles of liquor can be purchased onboard at the gift shop however they will be healed until the end of the cruise, you cannot consume them onboard. The onboard credit can be used towards any purchase onboard since it is applied to your sail & sign account. Have a wonderful day!

Thank you again for allowing us to be of assistance. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Tammie Jacobs

Guest Solutions E-Team

That is why they call it ON-BOARD CREDIT not pre-board credit.

FYI My question to them was if I could use OBC to order bottles through room service, I did not get a very straight answer

I mis-understood your question, yes you can buy alcohol on board using your OBC. Anything you buy on board will be charged to your S&S account, which will have a negative balance until your OBC is used up. You can use OBC for any service/product the ship sells.

Sincerely,

Tammie Jacobs

Guest Solutions E-Team

I have read varying answers regarding an order of a bottle thru room service. I think it's going to depend on which ship. So name the ship you will be on and someone can quote their experience. I have also read where a pax was able to order thru room service but was charged even more than ordering a bottle thru Bon Voyage. Keep that in mind. If you want to be sure, I would order thru Bon Voyage and use your OBC for tips, excursions, ect.... Have a great trip!!

I have read varying answers regarding an order of a bottle thru room service. I think it's going to depend on which ship. So name the ship you will be on and someone can quote their experience. I have also read where a pax was able to order thru room service but was charged even more than ordering a bottle thru Bon Voyage. Keep that in mind. If you want to be sure, I would order thru Bon Voyage and use your OBC for tips, excursions, ect.... Have a great trip!!

I am sailing on the Carnival Pride on June 16th

Interesting... we received a $50 OBC and were planning on using it towards a bottle of alcohol to split between the three of us. We're cruising on the Breeze. I hope that works! Though if not, I'm sure there are other ways we could use it haha.

The Least expensive bottles are in the shops on board but will not get them until the end of the cruise. The next least expensive is Bon Voyage which you must pay for prior to boarding. Then room service, but not as an extensive list available than the prior 2 methods, The most expensive is of course by the drink in the bars, lounges and restaurants,

<|Keith

Archived