Allure Western Cruise Compass

Hey, does it spoil my fun if I take a peek? Or should I wait until Sunday when I get to the ship?

Haha I did so much research before goingnothing surprised me on the ship if I could do it over I would want to be surprised!!! But if you haven't booked shows yet it is a usefully tool! Have fun!!

Very nice of you to take the time to post this info for the rest of us to see!! Many Thanks!!

I do have a question.....

Which side did the ship dock on? Was the starboard side facing ports?

We went on Oasis eastern and it docked on the starboard side at every port. We had a balcony on the port side so we did not see much while in ports from our balcony. We would like to "face the action" this time if at all possible and I have a choice of port or starboard side.

Thanks!!

That's all folks! I might add a short review later but for now please feel free to ask questions. Enjoy!

Thanks a bunch. With your permission I'll share these with the people in my group.

Again thanks:)

Very nice of you to take the time to post this info for the rest of us to see!! Many Thanks!!

I do have a question.....

Which side did the ship dock on? Was the starboard side facing ports?

We went on Oasis eastern and it docked on the starboard side at every port. We had a balcony on the port side so we did not see much while in ports from our balcony. We would like to "face the action" this time if at all possible and I have a choice of port or starboard side.

Thanks!!

Yes it always docked with starboard facing port, hence why I booked that side so I could see the port and the pier runner ;)

Thanks a bunch. With your permission I'll share these with the people in my group.

Again thanks:)

Please share away!!!! Wanted to help out as many people as possible because I know they are hard to come by!

Called RC to move to a Starboard balcony because of your suggestion. Agent asked did I know how much prices had dropped (compared to what i paid) and there was a Georgia resident discount. Soooo I just upgraded to a JS starboard on the hump for practically nothing. OMG!

NOT TELLING HUSBAND UNTIL WE SHOW UP :)

Background: This was our honeymoon cruise, we are both 25 and live in New Jersey. This is my second cruise but first with RCI and his first cruise. We were married on Friday, flew on Saturday, and sailed on Sunday.

Ship: It was huge but because of my extensive research I did not have much of that surprise everyone talks about but it was fun to watch his face. We had an ocean view balcony on deck 9 and it was perfect!!! It was my first balcony (had an inside the first time) and I don't think I could cruise again without a balcony. We utilized our balcony a lot, we had breakfast on it, sat in the sun, watched the pier/port, and enjoyed the stars.

Activities: We tried to do everything the ship had to offer, the zip-line, mini golf, rock wall climbing, ice skating. We never got around to the flow rider but the zip-line was my favorite. We saw all the shows offered, Chicago was good but I have seen in on Broadway, but I still think they did a good job. Blue plant was good with all the acrobatics but the theme was a bit eccentric. Ice games was cute and the talent was impressive. The Headliner was Earl Turner and he was very good at what he does, but his music was a bit old for us, a lot of Motown. But I did hear that he was a huge hit with the older crowd. The comedians were really funny, but definitely don't bring your kids! Any my favorite show was the Aqua show, OceanAria. I could not believe they jumped from that high on a MOVING ship!!!

Dinning: We had traditional dinning at 6pm. We were at a table of 4 and sat with another honeymoon couple who were very nice! Our head waiter was Joseph and got on the ship the same day we did, he knew the menu really well but not the ship. Our assistant waiter was also Joseph and he really stepped up to help out the head waiter with telling us everything around the ship. They both were very nice and helpful. We all thought the food was really good and found no need to pay for a specialty restaurant. For lunch and breakfast we tired as many free venues as possible. We did the free breakfast in Johnny rockets and it was really good, we did the dining room 3 times, once the buffet and twice the a la carte and the menu was better than the buffet. But the buffet is good if you are in a hurry. Also did the windjammer for breakfast and that wasn't too bad but the windjammer is always crowded. They make you stand in line and then take you to a table where you put your stuff down and then you go up to get your food. I guess its good so you don't have all your stuff when looking for a table. For lunch we tried the windjammer and the park cafe or room service. All were good!

Ports/Excursions: Labadee, Haiti was a beach day for us. They set up our chairs and a blue clam shell cabana for us at adrenaline beach. We stayed there until about lunch and then headed back to the ship. In Foulmouth, Jamaica we did river rafting down the rio bueno river. It was a blast. We had 6 people to a raft and the tour lasted about an hour then we stayed at a beach for about another hour where we could swim and bought some jerk chicken. Definitely would recommend this excursion to others. In Cozumel, Mexico we did an early excursion where we learned to ride a segway and rode them down the coast and then stopped at a Resort where you could swim and snorkel or get a drink and food from the bar. From there we headed back on our segways. It was really fun and really easy to use. Again highly recommend this excursion. Both excursions were booked through Royal Caribbean.

Overall we had a great time and have no complaints. Yes I think we would do this ship again but I did miss the ocean views and the movement of the ship. I constantly forgot I was on the ship.. I think I want to try a smaller ship before doing the big one again but definitely think everyone should try it!!!

Any questions please ask!

How nice of you. Thank you for returning home and sharing with us so soon the compasses that you know others look forward to seeing in planning their future cruises.

Besides, who wants to do all that dirty laundry after their latest cruise anyways? Hope you had a wonderful vacation and many more in the future.

• 1 month later...

What are the chances that the cruise compass for the September 22nd sailing will be the same as this one?? I don't know anything about the way they work but I am a hopeless planner and I like to have every detail worked out before hand. Thanks!

What are the chances that the cruise compass for the September 22nd sailing will be the same as this one?? I don't know anything about the way they work but I am a hopeless planner and I like to have every detail worked out before hand. Thanks!

No way to know.

We were on the June 16 sailing. Things were 95% the same. The character meetings were slightly off. They worked great for having a game plan.

• 3 weeks later...
Because everyone is always looking for the latest compass I saved them all from our cruise and I am currently scanning them in and uploading them. Enjoy!

Thanks, this is so helpful in planning what I want to do in November!

• 1 month later...

Archived