Tips & Tricks booklet w/ packing list - interest?

I am going to be spending some time compiling a "tips and tricks" booklet complete with tear out packing lists in the back. I know several people think bogging down with the smorgasboard of tips (there are thousands out there) can ruin your trip by planning too much - but there are others that live and breath learning every last tip.

I would catagorize them by embarkation tips, cabin tips, service tips, TIPPING tips, excursion tips, etc. (can you think of other catagories of tips?)

But my TRUE question here is ohw much interest do you think there would be in a $5 small Tips & Tricks booklet? I could get TA's to sell it or market it online somehow. What do you think? Just curious...

I think it is a great idea. I can just imagine how thick the book could possibly be when finished.

I think you catagories are great but think you should add a misc. section.

Small tips like checking out you D.R. table before the first meal could go into a misc. section - what do you think?

Good luck and keep us posted on your new possibility.

Great! I have two months of of my job over the summer and will work on this project. MArketing it will be the hardest part...

Well, it would seem to me, that if you are going to sell it to TA's, then you should be asking them, not the passengers. After all, they would be the ones who would have to purchase the book first, at wholesale. Unless you consign it.....

But, I would take a look online at the TA's, as they all seem to have their own version of travel tips.

If after you research it, it still makes sense, then you need to find out how much it will cost to print, and publish it, and whether or not there will be enough profit for you and the TA's, to make it worth your while.

Curious though, where will you get the info for the book? From the boards, internet, a compilation of both, or just your own thoughts?:confused:

I think harder than marketing it, would be to find a publisher willing to take it to heart! Good Luck!!!

I am one of the people who over research everything, so a book like this would be right up my alley!!

You may find that there is already some stiff competition out there because there is. There are at least two sites I can think of online - and they're FREE! I'd post the links here, but I don't think it's allowed.

Beth

You may find that there is already some stiff competition out there because there is. There are at least two sites I can think of online - and they're FREE! I'd post the links here, but I don't think it's allowed.

Beth

Some folks like to have things tangible instead of on screen, I have found. And lots of folks who cruise have never been ON the internet - I know, that sounds NUTS to us Cruise Critic fanatics... hee hee hee...

Anyway, after looking into the VERY CHEAP costs of printing and binding for a small "zine" type publication, this is so inexpensive that I am certainly going to go thru with this. I have been compiling this information for years and it would be great to get it in others hands. With the printing route I am going to take, I could sell if for only $5 and make profit... I think $5 (the cost of a magazine) would be VERY worth a Tips and tricks booklet chock full of cruise insider tips...

I am a sucker for something portable and in print as far as reading material goes...

Archived