Carnival Breeze goes back to dock in St Thomas

wllinc

About 7:00 P.M. We headed back after a man had a heart attack. We are now heading back to Miami.

Enjoy life make everyday a fun day

This just rips my heart out when I hear this. I certainly hope the passenger is okay and will recover.

I guess Carnival DOES show a good time. Too much excitement for this guest.

Prayers for his recovery.

Hope the stricken passenger makes it okay!

We were watching St. Thomas on MarineTraffic.com and saw Breeze depart...I went back awhile later expecting her to be well on her way and was startled to see her blue icon nosing back into dock, and her track showing a loop-de-loop out and back. Twenty minutes later and she was on her way out again. We figured it was probably a medical evac but were hoping it was something less serious. :(

It is just so sad when things like this happen on a cruise ship. When we boarded the Freedom on 5/18 we got in the elevator heading down from the Lido after the embarkation lunch and the Asst. Maitre'D got on pushing a guest in a wheelchair down to the infirmary. The poor guy was clutching his chest and rifling through his carryon, which looked like a pharmacy. He was totally grey and sweating profusely. We knew he was in big trouble.

We were out on our balcony and the sirens started and the ambulance and fire truck showed up and he was taken to the hospital. Luckily the ship was still in Ft. Lauderdale so his Medicare would cover him and he would get better care than if this had happened in Antigua or Tortola.

Archived