Acupuncture on Board

esther e

It was fantastic. I had three sessions, it was $299 for the package. I pay $50 where I live for acupuncture, but that is very low. I felt the staff was well trained, and very good. Highly recommended.

When you say $299 for the package, was that for the 3 sessions? I pay $45 here. I go periodically to have my "tires switched and oil changed" type of thing. I plan to go before we go on the cruise, but would love to get a session on the ship also. Thanks

Esther

When you say $299 for the package, was that for the 3 sessions? I pay $45 here. I go periodically to have my "tires switched and oil changed" type of thing. I plan to go before we go on the cruise, but would love to get a session on the ship also. Thanks

Esther

Hello !

Yes, the $ 299 is for 3 separate sessions. My Dad did it, and he felt it was helpful.

I'm reading from one of the dailies from my last cruise. First day here's what it said:

Clinic open on sea days from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Closed while in port. Open half hour after sailing until 9 p.m.

For aptmts call ext. 4703

first treatment (1 hour) $125

additional treatments $100

package of 3 treatments $295

Package of 5 tr5atments $475

I am looking thru the whole 11 days to see if any specials were offered, like they do in the spa. i came upon an Acupuncture at Sea seminar Oriental Medicine 101, an Intuitive Approach, held in the cinema on deck 3.

(this was a repeat. It had been offered on an earlier day, apparently).

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to revive this thread.

I've never had acupunture. The idea sounds intriguing. Seems as though there are 3 and 5 treatment packages. Do you really need 3 treatments to get the good results? Or does this sort of fall into the Celebrity/Aquaspa sales scheme? One message is Ok, but you really need three to get all the benefits!!!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to revive this thread.

I've never had acupunture. The idea sounds intriguing. Seems as though there are 3 and 5 treatment packages. Do you really need 3 treatments to get the good results? Or does this sort of fall into the Celebrity/Aquaspa sales scheme? One message is Ok, but you really need three to get all the benefits!!!

Rob

I'm just getting around to reading the threads on this board. I had acupuncture on my cruise a couple of weeks ago, and only had one session. Truthfully, I had a month's worth before the cruise because of a pulled something from housework and gardening!!! However, the one session on the ship was perfect; the acupuncturist said to come back if there was a problem. From what I gathered, the first session was $125 and I belive the rest were $100, but I could be wrong. Never did have to go back and felt great the whole cruise and still do.

Esther

I had the initial treatment on Millenium last November. I think it was $125 and I felt great afterwards. In fact I felt so good that when I got home to San Diego I found an accupuncturists and started getting regular treatments. I thought they were very professional and there was no pushy sales tactics. Most of their appointment times were booked, so they didn't need to push additional treatments!

I am a FIRM believer in acupuncture. Gosh, the Chinese have been doing it for thousands of years! I would try it before any surgery, unless it was a life-threatening situation. It has helped my asthma and the occassional pulled knee or shoulder. And most important, it's non-invasive! The needles used are thinner than a strand of hair and they don't hurt. I always fall asleep during the session, too.

Archived