Price Drop Opinions

camper49

I've only done two cruises (booked for a third) both have been Aft-extended and have gotten a price drop a total of four times. Thrice on Conquest, once on Triumph.

I imagine that's not "normal", but they do happen.

We just got back from an aft balcony on the Conquest. We definitely did not get as many price drops as others on our cruise, but we did get $240 one one drop. Our category sold out several weeks before the cruise. But it was all worth it because we loved the aft balcony!!

One other suggestion - if your category is not showing up with any rooms, try a different number of passengers. For instance, we had 2 passengers and it would not show any 8M, but when I changed it to 3 passengers, they would show up. So there were rooms available, but they were holding them for 3 instead of 2. We waited a couple weeks and those rooms were released for 2 passengers and that's when we got our OBC for price drop.

I'm not sailing until X-mas this year, booked in early February of this year at what I considered a good price for a holiday sailing. So far we've dropped $300, have $200 OBC, and ins also dropped $20.

All the other ext afts on my deck are still available, not sure why. I had been under the impressin that they sell out fast. Maybe I should shower more often??? :eek:

It would take a heck of a price drop to equal the OBC, so I suspect we are done, it's been a good ride down!

Archived