Bare Minerals question

I know there have been discussions about this before, has anyone used Bare minerals? Is it a liquid foundation? I was just on the Sephora website and there is a new kit they have that is $60 with brushes and etc. Just curious if anyone has used the products

Thanks fashion gurus!

Andi

I use Bare Minerals and love it. It is not a liquid make up and it is not a powder. It's loose minerals in powder form, no waxes, no binders (like is used in pressed powder).

The $60 kit from Sephora is a good place to start since you get brushes (yes, the right brushes make a big difference). Products last a looooong time. I've been using around three years and still have my first jar of foundation.

I think you can also get a starter kit from http://www.bareescentuals.com.

ITA with lszu..I got the same kit and it is fabulous....it's actually helped clear up my skin..I used to get blemishes every so often and now they are rare in deed.

I had to use my Clinique foundation one day and my face felt so gross....the difference Bare Minerals makes is incredible!

I just started using Bare Minerals this month and absolutely love it! I bought my kit directly from their website as lszu has mentioned above. I bought the $100 kit because I wanted the eye shadows, most of the brushes, and the BareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper. The BareVitamins makes the biggest difference!

If you don't like it, you can always return it. They have a 60-day money back guarantee.

This by far is the best makeup I have ever used. I have super oily skin and this stuff is great. I love the Mineral Veil. It really feels like you're not wearing makeup at all.

I don't use Bare Minerals right now but I tried it at a local cosmetic boutique and loved it. I looked flawless, almost airbrushed, yet not made up. The makeup is a loose powder with lots of coverage. You buff it onto your skin with one of their fluffy brushes.

You can see demonstrations at www.bareescentuals.com. The creator of Bare Minerals also has a skin care line, md formulations. There will be a link, but I think the products are too expensive. Bare Minerals are expensive, too, but they seem like they last a long time.

I have use it for a couple of years and love it! I have some discoloration from sun damage and lots of freckles. It has great coverage and is lightweight. I have very dry skin so my tip is to make sure you lightly moisturize before applying. It helps give it something to "stick" to.:)

I had problems using Bare Minerals and sent it back. They refunded the cost of the makeup, but I was out the shipping both ways. My skin is strange and reacts to things so often. It is a nice light, quick fix make up, but not for me. Boo hoo!!

I love the foundation. I started using it about 2 months ago. I have rosacea and it tones down the redness. I also like that you can't feel it on your skin. I stopped wearing foundation years ago because I didn't like the way it felt on my skin. This is absolutely weightless and it looks really natural, not made up.

I have been using Bare Minerals for about a year. Im 16, so comming from a teenager... I LOVE IT... the foundation is so easy to put on and even has SPF in it, and I love the eye colors and eyeshadows as well, they have a great variety of colors. Teens love bronzers and they make the best. Most people don't buy it because they think it's too expensive, but thanks to my mom's obsession w/ QVC, they offer really good prices on it and you can get some really good deals if you order through QVC, and their website (qvc.com) has just about everything bare minerals has to offer.

I have been hearing about this makeup and I am very interested, but I would prefer to see it in person and have a demo in a dept. store first to see how it looks on me, if I like it, etc. I buy many things on-line, but not first time makeup and skin care products. Does anyone know if it is sold in stores? Thanks!

I too have used BM for a few years now. I absolutely love it. I usually do not wear much makeup but love this. You can even sleep in it because it has no oils and other junk like regular makeup does. Also just saw the new show on QVC about this recently and there is virtually no expiration date on their products (according to Leslie Blodgett the creator) since it is all natural. It also will not rub off on your clothes like many other foundations. My mom swears by it and got me started. I very much agree with the other teen poster about QVC, if you watch and see when BM is the Todays Special Value you can get a very good deal. They have about everything they make.

I can not say enough good praise about this product.

Unfortunately I have never seen it in a department store. Why don't you look into it on QVC they may have a satisfaction guarantee not sure they do on a lot of stuff.

I have been hearing about this makeup and I am very interested, but I would prefer to see it in person and have a demo in a dept. store first to see how it looks on me, if I like it, etc. I buy many things on-line, but not first time makeup and skin care products. Does anyone know if it is sold in stores? Thanks!

If you go to bareminerals.com website and click on the stores link, they are in several malls. A majority of them are in California (home based) with a few in New York, Georgia, and a few other states. Is there a Sephora store near you? They sell BE and do have samples for you to try.

If you order from BE directly, they do have a 60 day money back guarantee as well. I bought my kit directly from them and it included all the necessary brushes to start with.

This is the first time I've ever bought makeup on-line and I can tell you that I am not disappointed in the least. I can't get enough of this stuff! :D I actually look forward to putting on makeup every day and have fun experimenting with all the different colors.

BareMinerals is sold in most Sephora and Ulta stores which are much more widespread than the Bare Escentuals stores.

I really wanted to try BareEscentuals, but I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it if I hated it. So I was looking on E-bay & after a few weeks of research I bought a sample with the flawless application brush two foundations, bisque, mineral veil, warmth & glee (all sample sizes) plus a larger sifter for the foundation. I spent $30 including shipping. I have been using it for about 10 days & still have some left.

I love it! Use the bisque under the foundation for hard to cover spots or blemishes. I have been using the glee on my eyes for color with my own "shimmer" on top.

To me it is a great summer look. The warmth is so natural looking. I used this on vacation in Gatlinburg & felt good about BE's staying power.

Boxermommy - Sorry to go OT for a minute, but had to say "hi"! I was just looking over our Panama Canal pics from last year. How are you doing?

Hey there! I'm doing good, keeping busy. I decided to go back to school this year and work on my degree. I think it's going to take me 20 years to get it. Work is absolutely hectic right now and I can't wait for our cruise in September. E-mail me when you get a chance.

This by far is the best makeup I have ever used. I have super oily skin and this stuff is great. I love the Mineral Veil. It really feels like you're not wearing makeup at all.

I have super oily skin as well and wanted to ask you if this stuff will slide off your face after a few hours. I've used every kind of makeup I can find that says it won't budge and they all start sliding off toward the end of the day. That's how oily my skin is! :eek:

OT: Is that really your boxer in your avatar? If so, he (she?) is adorable! The hubby and I are looking into getting a boxer sometime. We've heard they're very sweet and smart dogs!

I have tried BM and liked the way my skin looked. However, once the weather started turning hot (it's very humid here) something caused my face to start stinging. Felt like little pin pricks. :( I sent it back and they refunded my money.

I have super oily skin as well and wanted to ask you if this stuff will slide off your face after a few hours. I've used every kind of makeup I can find that says it won't budge and they all start sliding off toward the end of the day. That's how oily my skin is! :eek:

OT: Is that really your boxer in your avatar? If so, he (she?) is adorable! The hubby and I are looking into getting a boxer sometime. We've heard they're very sweet and smart dogs!

Although my skin isn't nearly as oily as it once was (I'm aging, I guess), I find that the BareMinerals stay in place unlike the liquid foundation I formerly used.

It is more like a powder (although it is really crushed minerals) and you really buff it into your skin.

If you decide to give it a try, I'd suggest the kit they sell which includes brushes, small foundation in two colors, mineral veil and a video to help with instructions on how to use it. The small foundation jars are great for traveling (you can refill them) and with the brushes, etc. the kit is actually a very good deal!

I hear you! I hate having oily skin. As LandLockedInAz mentioned, it does stay in place. Since it isn't liquid, it doesn't run off or smear. Mineral Veil is my best friend! :D I have the refillable compact and fill it with Mineral Veil, and keep it in my purse at all times. I do have to touch up at least once a day but it's far better than anything I have tried.

No, the avatar isn't my Boxer. I couldn't get mine to load. My Brindle male is Nikko and the fawn female is Hannah. Nikko turns 4 on July 5th. Hannah will be 6 in February. They are absolutely the best dogs in the world! There is a Boxer Rescue in the San Fran area. I could put you in touch with them if you're interested. E-mail me.

image001.jpg

Boxer mommy, what beautiful "children." My grandmother had a boxer that loved to sit on everyone's feet. A friend of mine had one which had a very long tongue. A little bit of her tongue would always stick out :p . I have two labs, Inga and Elsa.

Hi,

Thanks for the thread on bare mninerals/bare escentuals. I've been thinking of trying it out, but I don't want to spend $80.00 on the first try for foundation, so I went on e-Bay, and there are at least three sellers there that have little amounts you can try very inexpensively.Thay also have "buy it now" so you don't have to bid.

I tried out alot of different cosmetics that are normally very expensive and have always been happy with what I got.

I have oily skin even at 44, and when it gets hot and sticky all the "no transfer" foundation slides right off my face, and I do have some burn scars I like to cover up under my chin.

I just bought the $60 kit last weekend and the jury is still out. I purchased GloMineral (very similar) from a plastic surgeon's office and I just love it....so easy & quick to apply...came in very handy on my last cruise 3 weeks ago. What I don't like about the BM kit is that the "pots" are too small....if you buy the products separately the pots are bigger and you can actually get the brush in them easier. I am still playing around with it. I DO like the concealer and the Mineral Veil (goes on after the foundation)...all of the products are powder...NO liquids...brushes are good...no complaint there. Hope this help you. Oh...I also bought mine at Sephora...we have a store at one of our local malls...too convenient sometimes...know what I mean???!!!!

Betty (babs2750@aol..com)

7/6/05

Did anyone watch Leslie on QVC yesterday? She did a demo where she rubbed the #1 selling liquid foundation on the back of one hand and bare minerals foundation on the other hand. Then she dipped each hand into its own bowl of water. When she took both hands out, the hand with the liquid foundation was all runny and the water turned brown. Her other hand with the bare minerals foundation didn't budge and the water remained clear. It was quite impressive.

I just bought my step-daughter (15 years old) a kit two weeks ago. She was so impressed how flawless my face looked and couldn't believe that I was actually hiding my imperfections/blemishes. She couldn't wait for her kit. Since then, she's been wearing it every day and absolutely loves it! She can't wait to show her mother (when she sees her at the end of the month).

Archived