Champagne on the Mariner?

pniffer

I'm new to Regent, and due to sail in July. My favourite tipple is champagne, and wondered whether it came in the all-in package or if I would have to pay. Also, if anyone knows the vintages they have on board? Thanks!

I'm new to Regent, and due to sail in July. My favourite tipple is champagne, and wondered whether it came in the all-in package or if I would have to pay. Also, if anyone knows the vintages they have on board? Thanks!

Champagne is freely available without further charge. There will be a bottle on ice in your suite on arrival. The name of the brand served escapes me for the moment but no doubt someone will remember.

Champagne is freely available without further charge. There will be a bottle on ice in your suite on arrival. The name of the brand served escapes me for the moment but no doubt someone will remember.

It's Jacquard in the suite on Voyager at the moment.

House champagne is available at all bars and in the dining areas (for "free") is quite good. The brand is Montaudon which is far better than the Jaquet (too acidic and flavorless in my opinon).

If you are interested, purchase a bottle of Montaudon before you board and enjoy. The brand is available at most larger sized US wine shops for about $18-25. I enjoyed a glass daily onboard. Is it as elegant and as polished a drink as Pol Roger or Bollinger (you may purchase both from the premium list)? No...but a glass of Montaudon is perfectly fine, as Churchill once said, any time!

And do remember that, if you have onboard credits, you can always use them towards a champagne that costs. My husband had a grand time with on OBC's upgrading bottles of red wine. I was fine with the whites they served so he got the OBC's all to himself.

Archived