Princess shuttles frm ships to towns?

EvelynAlexa

Have just spoken with a friend who I walk with in the mornings. She did a tour in Santorini and said where the tenders dock for tours is easily accessible both for passengers and for cars.

Thank you very much. Could I trouble you to ask her if the tenders picked her up at the same location post tour...as I have read that they sometimes drop them off at the top station of the cable cars.

I do remember now she said she came back down on the cable car. She cant remember if there were stairs involved at the bottom. I didn't get that close to the cable car to see. I found an email address - info@visit-santorini.com

If you email them they may be able to advise about the suitability for people with disabilities. Good luck.

I do think the advice about n alternative to the cake car is best. Even with only one ship there is always a long wait to come down especially. If there are more than one ship in port the wait can be well over an hour in scorching temperatures.

What about in Sorrento? Is there a ship shuttle to town (I have heard it is a long walk uphill from the port).

Sorrento is way to far for a shuttle if you are docking in Naples.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorrento is way to far for a shuttle if you are docking in Naples.

There is a shuttle from where you get off the ferry boat that goes up the hill and into Sorrento. The ferry boat is cheap and easy to do a round trip to Sorrento. There is a HOHO that is in Sorrento that does some scenic drives along the coast.

Have fun!!

There is a shuttle from where you get off the ferry boat that goes up the hill and into Sorrento. The ferry boat is cheap and easy to do a round trip to Sorrento. There is a HOHO that is in Sorrento that does some scenic drives along the coast.

Have fun!!

If your tendering from Sorrento then your shuttle would work but the OP was referencing Naples. And the person that mentioned Sorrento didn't say they were anchoring off Sorrento. So unless your paying for a ferry from Naples to Sorrento a shuttle is not available.

What about in Sorrento? Is there a ship shuttle to town (I have heard it is a long walk uphill from the port).

Born2cruise

If your tendering from Sorrento then your shuttle would work but the OP was referencing Naples. And the person that mentioned Sorrento didn't say they were anchoring off Sorrento. So unless your paying for a ferry from Naples to Sorrento a shuttle is not available.

She referred to a LONG WALK UP THE HILL FROM THE PORT, which I took to mean, getting off a ferry or some sort of boat at the port of Sorrento. Really don't have a long walk up the hill when docked in Naples...................................

We are on the Pacific Princess which actually stops in Sorrento (we tender in). So trying to figure out how to get from the pier into town (my dad has some walking issues).

You can get the local bus from the bottom of the hill right up into the town .The bus stop is close to where you come of the tender.Once at the top it is relatively flat.You can have a tour of the town in a horse and trap:)

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know of an alternative to the ferry to get to Sorrento from Naples port? We really don't like the idea of using the train and as there is only the two of us a private car is out of the question.

The bazaar is very walkable. A few blocks to the bridge, then over the bridge and you're across from the Spice Market. Afterwards uphill a few streets to the Grand Bazaar. We did though take the Princess shuttle for the return to the ship.

Can you give me a little more info on the shuttle provided by Princess in Istanbul. Where do you meet and drop off? and what is the cost of this?

Does it run throughout the day?

We may do the walk over the bridge to the spice market and tourist sites, off to grand bazaar and then back to the ship by shuttle if possible.

Thanks for any info.

Archived