Bon Voyage as Gifts

kcellup

So for Christmas this year, my DS bought my DW and I (4) Bar Credits, I think it totaled something like 24 drinks, but I cannot find any mention of it anywhere on my account. Do I receive these on the ship? Where do I go to actually receive them?

If the receipt of purchase is still available I would bring it along...just in case. If by some fluke you should get onboard and there would happen to be a problem, it would be difficult to remedy onboard and would be too late once your home.

Actually, anytime I've ordered bar credit coupons, they were delivered to our table in the MDR at dinner. If you happen to be a no show for dinner that first night, they will then be delivered to your cabin.

Actually, anytime I've ordered bar credit coupons, they were delivered to our table in the MDR at dinner. If you happen to be a no show for dinner that first night, they will then be delivered to your cabin.

Even though your son bought you bar credit coupons in December you will not receive bar credit coupons. Carnival changed this and they no longer issue the coupons even though that is what your son purchased.

You will now receive Bar Cash which will be applied to your S and S card when you get on the ship. It can only be used at the bar and not towards other purchases. Also, you must use all the credits on this cruise other wise you will lose your money. It is "Use it or Lose it".

Also, the Bar coupons use to include gratuity...the Bar Cash does not include gratuity.

Your son does have the option of cancelling the bon voyage order since he ordered one thing and Carnival discontinued it and is using the bar cash now.

If you would like proof of your purchase your son can call bon voyage and have them email him a copy of his purchase and you can take that with you on the ship.

With the new Cruise Cash Bar, do you get a coupon/printout/card/something in the stateroom so that the recipient knows that they received this?

I was thinking of getting a small amount of Cruise Cash Bar for my daughter who turned 21 in January as a Bon Voyage gift. But I will only if there is some notice in her room about it so that it can be a surprise. If it just appears on her sail and sign account, I won't bother.

Maggie

Archived