Guarenteed oceanview question?

jjdmom8

:confused: We booked a guarneteed oceanveiw for the 7/2 sailing of the sensation last Saturday. When will we find out what room we actually get? Will it be when we check in or before? Just curious as to what we will get.

How do fill out your luggage tags then? wait until after check in? We have a guraranty 6A ocean view and have been told we are assigned to a 6B with a cabin # for the 7/2 Glory. Can this change? just wondering,

Thanks

How do fill out your luggage tags then? wait until after check in? We have a guraranty 6A ocean view and have been told we are assigned to a 6B with a cabin # for the 7/2 Glory. Can this change? just wondering,
Told by whom?

What tags did you receive with your docs? If they are the gray "TBA" tags, fill them out and check with a stevedore at the pier who has a passenger manifest. They will attach the correct color tags to your bags.

There will be a guy with a manifest just outside the terminal where you check your luggage. He will give you the proper tags, OR if you have the gray TBA tags, he might just write in the cabin number.

I've heard of VERY few pieces of luggage being lost/misplaced. You might want to remember to tip the porters who take your luggage...standard tip is $1 per bag. (These guys are not Carnival employees, but are employed by the port authority.)

Last week we booked a cruise on the Holiday for 7/9/05 using an online TA who gave me our Carnival reservation number. The next day I went to the modify booking webpage on the Carnival website and pulled up our reservation. We had booked a 6A guarantee and had already been assigned a cabin on 6C midship! We haven't received our docs yet for this cruise but I'm not worried as several times in the past we have had to pick up our docs at check-in and place our luggage tags on the luggage at that time. Never had a lost or delayed bag in 9 cruises!

I too have went to the carnival website and completed the fun pass and also updated my reservation info on the website. Where do you look for the cabin assignment? I have looked all over and cant find anything. Think I am looking in the wrong places!

There is a way that you may be able to tell your assigned room...

I am just learning myself so you may want to look for the posting...but here is the

SHORT VERSION...there is a whole post on this........but

If you go to Carnivals site

carnival.com and fill out your fun pass......when completed.

THEN try to order a gift....and it might say at bottom your room catagory...and room number . and booking #

Let us know how you make out...

ok..tried that but it asks for a booking # and a stateroom #. When I tried to submit with just the booking #, it said if I don't have a stateroom # to call this 1-866 number and order directly...Guess I will just have to wait =( Thank you all so much for the help. I did just talk to my TA and she said our docs are here and ready for pickup. I asked about cabin assignment and she said I may find out a week before or the day before or at check-in...Not what I wanted to hear. We booked a Guarenteed room because it was a good bit cheaper than a sure thing and at last minute the price was pretty high....Which leads to another question. What was the booking early prices for a 5day western quad oceanview? any one know..just would like to see how bad we got stiffed..... Requardless it will all be so worth every penny!

Ok...I did that at first too...So I know where you are at....

You need to go to the area.....after filling in the fun pass.....

and go to gifts and services at bottom of finished fun pass page....

Hope you understand that....

I bumped the post and you will see where I went wrong....

If you wanted to find out your room number right away, you really shouldn't have booked a Guarantee. It's too bad that what your TA told you wasn't what you wanted to hear, but that's the pitfall of booking a guarantee.

That said, you could also look at the back of your sign & sail card to see if there's a room number. Sometimes at the bottom it will show a room number after your booking number.

Under the stateroom details on the carnival website under my reservations it list catergories 5A, 6A, 6B, 6C, 6D...I can find all these catergories except the 5A...where on the ship is that one?

I copied this...you are so close....lol

I made the same mistake as you and after a week serene.....told me how to do this....go to carnival.com

fill in you res #

then fill in fun pass....A MUST

at bottom of fun pass page is says order gifts... make sure excursions ect... thats where you click...then order gift and then at bottom is should say...

i think you are clicking WRONG order gifts....AREA

this is what SERENE wrote me ............

Click on funpass icon, then put in your booking number, name, sail date and ship --it will ask you for all that. Then it will take you to the funpass area where you can fill out your funpass information. At the bottom of the screen there will be some other things you can click on--order gifts is one of them (you may have to complete your funpass information before you get that option) then click on order gifts and it will take you to the gift department--then go ahead and pretend to order--it should pop up with your booking number and it will say in the spot for your room number --guar, or guarantee--or BLGuar--something like that depending on what you booked.

Ok..found the one that had everything pre-filled.. It said GUAR in stateroom # box...will just keep checking. Yes, I knew I would not know right off booking a Guar room...Just didnt know it would drive me crazy! LOL... This is our first time booking this way so it is all new. Thank you for all the info. This site is just a boatload of information.

I found my assignment with the edit cabin method link on another thread and our docs have the red main deck forward tagsnot grey so hoping this will be correct,and our docs have the cabin number on them . unless they want to put us in a suite! :D

No worries, as long as we are on the ship. Every little thing, is goning to be alright!

Let us know how you make out...should be interesting no ocean view rooms left......

So you are guaranteed one.....hope it s a good one ...

Have a great trip...

I know for my Sensation cruise in August the prices have been the same ...I still have 60 days to watch though...lol

Archived