Photo & print ??

I have looked through these boards and can't find the answer to my question. So hoping someone can help me out.

If I purchase the "All your digital photos & prints" - does this mean I will get a copy of each photo that is taken of our family? Also, they will ALL so up on the cd?

Can you purchase this package on the ship as well?

I just want to make sure I totally understand what I am getting if I purchase this deal. It is showing at $349.

I have looked through these boards and can't find the answer to my question. So hoping someone can help me out.

If I purchase the "All your digital photos & prints" - does this mean I will get a copy of each photo that is taken of our family? Also, they will ALL so up on the cd?

Can you purchase this package on the ship as well?

I just want to make sure I totally understand what I am getting if I purchase this deal. It is showing at $349.

WE got this on the Explorer last year. Yes, if you buy the package for the digital photos and prints, you will get both. We came away with a stack of over 100 prints, plus a CD with all of the digital images. Also included on the CD is a file giving you the rights to reprint the photos, which may become necessary if you want to have additional prints made at a photo processor. I used a few of the pictures to make our Christmas card this past year.

Take a printed copy of your receipt and show it to the staff at the picture place. Just remember to go through and collect your prints periodically. You turn them in at the counter and they'll hold them for you for the duration of the cruise. Also check the kiosk every couple of days to make sure you have all of the digital copies. It is a good cross check to make sure that the prints match the digital images. If you find any discrepancies, just go to the staff and they will make it right.

One word of caution - if you see a print with a border on it, the digital image will have the border as well. But you can also crop that out later at home.

Enjoy.

Yes, if you purchase the "All your Digital Photos + Prints" package you will receive all of the pictures on a disc as well as all of the prints.

I didn't realize how many pictures we had taken until I received the HUGE stack of pictures at the end of the cruise!

Correct! However, we had friends that only did like 8 pictures so it made them very expensive. We took 84 pictures but didn't want to print all those so we only got the CD, have uploaded it to our favorite picture saver. Now to sort and decide which ones we want big, little, etc. Then our family can choose which ones they want and the size.

I don't know if you want this information but I will share my experience with photos - the all-inclusive photo package only includes photos for YOUR stateroom, or photos in which you appear. On our past sailing on 5/18 on the Oasis, even though we paid for the three rooms that included our own room and two others occupied by my college-aged sons, those packages do not include their rooms unless a) they are under 18, or b) you also appear in the photo.

It makes a huge difference if you are buying a $349 deal for three staterooms.....

Two years ago we purchased our family's dvd ... the last night of the cruise. We were able to pick it up right before disembarking the next morning. I don't remember having the choice of getting the actual prints of the pictures, but the dvd gave me the rights to print any of the pictures once we got home from like Walgreens or WalMart ... I waited until the end of the cruise to make sure I had enough pictures that were good to make it worth the $350+ cost.

Yes you can purchase beforehand or on ship. Will cost more on ship. Plus they state the packages are limited. Not sure if they really limit how many they sell though.

Also make sure the photos you took are really in your folio. We took some that were missing.

From a previous post for Allure photos:

If you are in the picture, regardless of who else is in the picture, it goes on your CD.

BTW, RCCL Oasis/Allure just raised their price to $449 (was $399) which includes all prints.

Update (our photo experience-long):

Just got back from the Allure. We pre-paid for the unlimited Digital and Prints package for $449 ($499 on ship). 8x10's are $19.95 each, 5x8's (outdoor port debarkation photos) are $9.95 each.

We had two rooms (separate families) and we both got the package. Otherwise, I probably would not order the package normally. Any one who was in a photo with us went on our CD plus the prints. Occasionally, we would get printed photos from the group in the 2nd room and we were not in them, but they were not on the CD. I probably got 40-50 of those. Probably miss tagged or room card wasn't used.

The photos on the CD DO include the artistic borders like those seen on the acutual prints. I had hoped the borders wouldn't be there for reprints on my own. I can crop some of these on my own in Aperture (Mac software). The photos come locked on the CD with a watermark until unlocked using a software on the CD that loads on your computer (Adobe Air).

We ended up with a little over 300 photos on our room and the other room had even more. They love having their photo made. But, the photogs do take about 10-15 photos in any one setting depending on the group size , so it doesn't take long to get this many. You could easily double this with extra time commited. I was more concerned about quality than the number of photos. They do include bad photos (eyes closed, etc.) they print everything (except the ones I really wanted). You can order missing/damaged prints from the kiosk at no extra charge, plus they will be included in the unlimited package at no charge even though the kiosk gives you a price. I did this and it went OK. But do it early in the week or you will wait in line prior to leaving.

The plain white and black backgrounds were probably the best, plus they stand the test of time. Dress accordingly to what you want.

TAKE YOUR RECEIPT FROM WHEN YOU ORDERED THE PACKAGE.

Their accounting/ordering/checkout process was not good, unless all you wanted was a print or two. Do Not order the CD package if you have an early return flight. LONG LINES. With only two people working. Where were the other 20 photographers on checkout day? They said the CD would be ready the night before, but wasn't. Plus, initially, we had to order the package again once on-board, so it shows on our account. They take off the charge, but it's a hassle. Especially if the same person pays for both rooms. Original receipt is crucial (I had to show it numerous times).

In all, the photos were pretty good. If you care, get to know the good photographers and stick with them. Plus not all their camera equipment is the same. I saw a range from Nikon D90 to a D300S (sparing you the technical details), but it cans make a difference.

If you only plan to buy less than 10 photos (which is the majority of people), it doesn't matter. You will find enough good ones.

Thank you all for helping answer this question.

Can you purchase these packages on the ship? or only before hand?

We purchased on the ship. We waited until the second evening before the end (Friday when we docked Sunday). This gave us plenty of time to pick up the CD the next evening. They even put in a few that hadn't been loaded. Worked perfect. Loved this time. & the CD:)

Thank, but I have the web site, but I am still wondering if you can purchase once on board as well??

We purchased our package on the second last day on Rhapsody of the Seas while still on the ship.

Archived