Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

So awesome! And you will get to see Quantum come into port for the first time! We saw Sail Boston 2000 from the 18 floor of a hotel on the Boston harbor, so I can imagine what it must be like every day.

LOL well I was really excited about that... Until I realized Quantum arrives THE DAY AFTER I leave town on the Breakaway. What luck!!! Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I am with you, Tina. I can't wait!

I hope this is OK to post. It is a link to the NY Harbor Web Cam. I love to watch the Explorer come and go in and out of Bayonne. As the ships leave, the camera operator sometimes zooms in to the bridge as the ship goes under it.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

Thanks for the link. I too look forward to being up on deck when leaving the NY port. Have to book the cruise first of course :rolleyes:. That will happen soon. Hope that everybody enjoys their first cruise on the Quantum of the Seas.

Below is the link to a good chunk of the cruise port webcams. Just click on the main one and you'll open a new window and the drop down in the upper left will get you all over the place. Yes people, I will sometimes stalk people I know who are on cruises...he he he :rolleyes: like my son.

http://www.ptztv.com/

Oh and I have to check them all out in the morning when I get to work cuz I love seeing the weather every where and every once in awhile I'll catch a ship pulling into port, like Aruba last week.

So Dave, are you leaving your keys under the mat so we can have a party at your place while you're away to watch Quantum come in?? We'll make sure we clean up when we're done. :cool:

LOL, the neighbors will wonder why there are 50 people up on my roof with binoculars :p;)

LOL, the neighbors will wonder why there are 50 people up on my roof with binoculars :p;)

If it's a problem, instead of us showing up at your place, maybe we can ask Meyer Werft where they got their webcam, and set a similar one up on your balcony to watch the Quantum come in. Hope it's coming in on a Monday. :D

If it's a problem, instead of us showing up at your place, maybe we can ask Meyer Werft where they got their webcam, and set a similar one up on your balcony to watch the Quantum come in. Hope it's coming in on a Monday. :D

Sounds good to me :D

Super impressed at how the Quantum is looking. Just getting excited for the May 2015 schedule to come out. Id love to cruise there in february, but i dont want to lose sun days traveling in the cold for a few days :S

Anyone feel the same way as me or am i just crazy ?

Edited by trev71

Super impressed at how the Quantum is looking. Just getting excited for the May 2015 schedule to come out. Id love to cruise there in february, but i dont want to lose sun days traveling in the cold for a few days :S

She's looking good. Looks like the RipCord base is started in this photo.

I was looking at a February 2015 cruise on her, but could hold off for warmer weather in the spring. I just like that vacation in the sun in February to break up the winter blahs. Besides, I'll just stay in the glass-encased Solarium until we get further south. There should be room there for everyone on board. It's looking huge atop the Quantum of the Seas right now. :)

I was looking at a February 2015 cruise on her, but could hold off for warmer weather in the spring. I just like that vacation in the sun in February to break up the winter blahs. Besides, I'll just stay in the glass-encased Solarium until we get further south. There should be room there for everyone on board. It's looking huge atop the Quantum of the Seas right now. :)

After this crappy year with all the snow and bone chilling temps, I regret not going in February

Yes I would like to do the 9 day cruise in May. Flying to Newark would save a ton of money. Id still fly out of Maine though.

I see there is a 11 day cruise in Feb, but at 1500$ a person, i dont know

Edited by trev71

We normally cruise in Feb too to break up the New England winter and it killed me not to go again this year but can't wait for January of next year. I too love the sun on sea days but I think there will be so much to do and see on the ship that the 1st few days will be full of exploring for us anyway.

We normally cruise in Feb too to break up the New England winter and it killed me not to go again this year but can't wait for January of next year. I too love the sun on sea days but I think there will be so much to do and see on the ship that the 1st few days will be full of exploring for us anyway.

I'm a February cruiser too! And oddly enough it would be interesting to see what it's like to sail in the cooler weather. Hmmm. Maybe I'm due for a cruise in Alaska?!?!

1. I'd hang out in the Solarium too!

2. It's looking huge atop the Quantum of the Seas right now. :confused: You know something, we don't? Or are you talking about the bulge/hump atop the ship right now. No glass there yet. :confused: Talk to me, Lloyd!

Edited by Tough as Leather

I'm a February cruiser too! And oddly enough it would be interesting to see what it's like to sail in the cooler weather. Hmmm. Maybe I'm due for a cruise in Alaska?!?!

1. I'd hang out in the Solarium too!

2. It's looking huge atop the Quantum of the Seas right now. :confused: You know something, we don't? Or are you talking about the bulge/hump atop the ship right now. No glass there yet. :confused: Talk to me, Lloyd!

1. I'll let you know what cruise I will likely book.

2. The number you have reached is no longer in service... . Ya. The hump. That's what I meant. Ya.

Edited by Lloyd555

Great Image.

What is that hiding up under plastic top right .

The CAD Image I have shows a very tall exposed stairway , which makes no sense anyway.

Surely not a Water Slide :eek: Simulator

I believe it's part of the RipCord.

CAD image?

I believe it's part of the RipCord.

CAD image?

CAD is "Computer Aided Drafting"..it is used by shipbuilders to model the ship on a computer. Pretty much everything you'll see, down to the carpet, switches, etc has been modeled on a computer to check for clearances and to construct drawings for the shipbuilders to actually build Quantum. The shipbulders at MW, then take the drawings and use the dimensions provided to fabricate/weld/install everything. To give you an idea of just how precise ships are made, I believe they have a tolerance of being off-location by 1 inch.

They showed a quick tid-bit of it during one of Quantums videos.

CAD is "Computer Aided Drafting"..it is used by shipbuilders to model the ship on a computer. Pretty much everything you'll see, down to the carpet, switches, etc has been modeled on a computer to check for clearances and to construct drawings for the shipbuilders to actually build Quantum. The shipbulders at MW, then take the drawings and use the dimensions provided to fabricate/weld/install everything. To give you an idea of just how precise ships are made, I believe they have a tolerance of being off-location by 1 inch.

They showed a quick tid-bit of it during one of Quantums videos.

Thanks! Actually, I knew what it was. I just wondered how/why you had a quantum CAD image. Would be nice to see a few more CAD images of the ship.

This week is CSM 2014 which is a big crusie industry tradeshow. Maybe they'll release more about Quantum during the show. Would be nice.

Norwegian released the Hull artwork for Escape. IMO, it's their best yet.

Too bad they weren't building the Escape next to the Quantum right now... we might actually get to see more photos of our favorite ship that way. :D

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks! Actually, I knew what it was. I just wondered how/why you had a quantum CAD image. Would be nice to see a few more CAD images of the ship.

How about CAD Rendering Smarty Pants

I do them all the time designing houses and FSX

Do you know how to use AutoCad and how an rendering engine work ??

I too was hoping that hitaway4 had CAD images of the Quantum of the Seas. Maybe Royal Caribbean will re-release a longer version of that video after the final reveal.

Edited by Cutesy Pie Lover

Great Image.

What is that hiding up under plastic top right .

The CAD Image I have shows a very tall exposed stairway , which makes no sense anyway.

Surely not a Water Slide :eek: Simulator

It wasn't me who said they had the image. I'm assuming they meant one of the models they've shown in a few of the videos.

I too was hoping that hitaway4 had CAD images of the Quantum of the Seas. Maybe Royal Caribbean will re-release a longer version of that video after the final reveal.

You mean the Captain's Extended Cut? :D

After March 26th -- if it is indeed a big (final) reveal -- I hope to see a flood of images & videos - INCLUDING AN UPDATE TO THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN PRESS CENTER GALLERY, PLEASE! (That is for any R.C. employees that are reading this)

Speaking of images, are there no new ones from the visitor center at Meyer Werft? Is it even open right now? I would like to see what they're up to.

You mean the Captain's Extended Cut? :D

After March 26th -- if it is indeed a big (final) reveal -- I hope to see a flood of images & videos - INCLUDING AN UPDATE TO THE ROYAL CARIBBEAN PRESS CENTER GALLERY, PLEASE! (That is for any R.C. employees that are reading this)

Speaking of images, are there no new ones from the visitor center at Meyer Werft? Is it even open right now? I would like to see what they're up to.

I agree - I'm hoping for more interior mockups/images too. We're booked in a Superior Grand Suite, but there's no floor plan photo on any site (RCI or otherwise)...really starting to wonder why not...