Willemstad - Dolphin Swim Questions

Hey I've got a couple of responses about Dolphin Swims, but I didn't know at the time where in the Southern Caribbean it was. Now I know...Willemstad

So who has done this? Yes I know it is a lot of money $$$$$$$ but I know it will be worth it.

Who has done it?

Thanks,

My DW and I, along with my two DC who were 13 and 11 at the time did the dolphin swim. Two years ago, I think it cost us either $99 or $129 pp. It was worth the money. We went to the Sea-quarium in a van with about 8 other people. Two trainers from the seaquarium outfitted us with life vests (which you don't have to use but I highly recommend), flippers, etc. Two at a time, you would enter the tank. You got to get some wet kisses, command them via hand signals to do different tricks and then, with your hands at your sides, two dolphins would swim up behind you and put their dorsal fins into your hands. If you held on, which was easy for all of us to do, you got a nice ride and a face full of water. Of course, each piece was captured on film and tape and you had an opportunity to purchase these memories. Suckers that we are, we bought a nice collection. Glad we did though, they remain a highlight of our southern cruise. We leave again next weekend on the western route and are looking forward to the stingray experience in the Caymans. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mark

We were not booked to go on this excursion and they had just started the dolphin swim on the island when we were there. They announced the previous day at the pool that they had a limited number of spots available and I think they were probably discounted as a result of the "newness" and the short-notice on the openings. My guess is you'll probably pay more. However, still think it's worth it and it is pretty much a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I say go for it. If you do, don't forget to let us know how it was, eh?

I have financially planned this cruise quite well, if I do say so myself. So money will be no problem. So we will be doing the dolphin swim. I will relay our experiences when we get back ….. in 16 weeks…. Lol.

Archived