coco cay cabanas

kjj322

We could. I emailed her two weeks out. Some concierges email suite passengers 1-2 weeks out but you can email them. I would try and get 3-7. I asked for front row and she emailed me back with #4. They were all reserved the day I was there and I was on the Grandeur, a smaller ship. They all seemed to be assigned I didn't see anyone choosing their cabana after arrival

Funny story, when we arrived and the cabana concierge was showing us to #4 a woman ran through the entrance and ran up to our cabana spread her arms over the entrance and said I claim this one. The guy had to tell her that these were all reserved and cost $200. I guess she doesn't read CC!

LOL, that is funny. Thank you for the information. I have seen a lot of positive reviews on #4.

Funny story, when we arrived and the cabana concierge was showing us to #4 a woman ran through the entrance and ran up to our cabana spread her arms over the entrance and said I claim this one. The guy had to tell her that these were all reserved and cost $200. I guess she doesn't read CC!

LOL! My husband and I got a good laugh over this, thanks! He said she should have gotten a clamshell for good effort! :)

I'm thinking about renting a cabana for my day in Coco Cay. Wonder why they don't allow them to be booked online like the do the cabanas for Nellie's beach in Labadee.

Yep, I couldn't agree with you more. I highly disliked the "stress" of racing to the excursion desk to sign up for something that you have no guarantee that you'll be able to take advantage of. It worked out for me, but for those whose names aren't near the top of the list...what a disappointment it must be. :(

If you are in a suite can you choose the cabana you want when you contact the Concierge?

I just emailed the concierge on freedom for our cruise next week. He said he will reserve a cabana for us however it is first come first serve when you get to the cabanas. I was hoping to get one assigned so we wouldn't have to hurry and get off the ship. He did say no matter what there will be one for us.

That's interesting since the concierge on Grandeur reserved #4 for us and when we arrived the guy had a list of who had what cabana. I would check at the desk and with the concierge as soon as you get on board and if necessary get the first tender over. The concierge can get you on an early tender. Unless you are are just interested in shade I don't know if I would pay $200 for a back row cabana. Most have a view in between the front row but I remember there was one or two that looked that they didn't have a water view.

That's interesting since the concierge on Grandeur reserved #4 for us and when we arrived the guy had a list of who had what cabana. I would check at the desk and with the concierge as soon as you get on board and if necessary get the first tender over. The concierge can get you on an early tender. Unless you are are just interested in shade I don't know if I would pay $200 for a back row cabana. Most have a view in between the front row but I remember there was one or two that looked that they didn't have a water view.

I emailed him to make sure if he meant when we get on the ship or on the island. He said it was when we got on the island. Planing on getting on the first tender over. How far are the cabanas once one the island? Do we go straight, left right? Just want to make sure I go the right way since I have to wake up the family early and will have grumpy people on my hand, lol...

We could. I emailed her two weeks out. Some concierges email suite passengers 1-2 weeks out but you can email them. I would try and get 3-7. I asked for front row and she emailed me back with #4. They were all reserved the day I was there and I was on the Grandeur, a smaller ship. They all seemed to be assigned I didn't see anyone choosing their cabana after arrival

OMG! This is the 2nd story that I've read like this! Hilarious!!!!

Oh I am laughing so hard!! would of loved to seen this!! I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often!! Isn't everyone on CC?!? ;)

We tried to get one when we got on board but weren't able to. The excursions guy said we had a full ship and they are rarely available when the suites are full. However, don't be disappointed in the long run we were happy we hadn't spent the money. There are so many great shade spots and the island really doesn't feel crowded. We loved this stop and just found some chairs under some palms, right next to the water. The food was great and you don't really need a butler the drink service is constant. Enjoy your day either way.

Archived