Babysitting on the Mariner

One of our group members is traveling with a 30 month old. He is not quite old enough for the club. Has anyone used the babysitting service on the Mariner? If so, is it offered during port days?

We need a babysitter for a couple of hours when we are in Cozumel. You can guess why!

Sorry, but I wouldn't leave a child with a stranger on an international ship. Just wouldn't take the chance. I don't know what type of background checks they do on individual babysitters. Might be like playing russian roulette with the safety of a child. Any chance of taking a family member or friend with you to do babysitting chores? Split the cost of the cruise maybe?

Michele

I have used babysitting services on both Celebrity's Infinity and RCCL's Rhapsody of the Seas. Please note we never used it while we were off the ship, we just were not comfortable in case the ship left without us. I know people have done it, but it was not for us.

We did however use them for a formal night and other nights we wanted some alone time. I booked it through guest relations on the first day on both cruises. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

One lady came from the Galley and we used her both nights on X. The other lady was another from the hotel department and we used her three nights. We had her come early the first night and she was wonderful. We will be using the services again on our next cruises.

thanks for your feedback. The decision to leave your children with a babysitter is up to the parents. Our friends just want to explore the babysitting option, they will decide if it is right for them.

We've been cruising with our kids since my son was 11 months old. We never felt right leaving them with a stranger and in recent cruises we have sailed with my parents. Now they are 14 & 11 so babysitting is not a problem but I can appreciate wanting a little free time when traveling with toddlers.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Archived