Sea Conditions

Hi - I'm thinking of taking a cruise from Shanghai to Vancouver in late April/May. Can anyone tell me generally what the sea conditions should be like. Any information would be much appreciated - thanks

This cruise has only be done once before by Celebrity and I cannot remember any of the reviews mentioning anything particular about the sea conditions. However, there comments about how cold it was - down to freezing during the northern-most section of the cruise.

I guess you are thinking about booking the 2015 cruise. If so, come over to join us on the Roll Call. It is already active: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1835053

Sue

It was very cold, but the seas weren't too rough. They were much worse on our Panama cruise.

If you're going to Shanghai, be aware that the air is very bad. My husband has COPD and is still recovering from the lung irritation. IMG_0120.jpg

This is not fog.

It was very cold, but the seas weren't too rough. They were much worse on our Panama cruise.

Yikes, my next cruise is the PC ... What part of the cruise was rough seas and what time of year did you go? I don't do well in rough seas and might have to plan for more medication (like a patch) for the 15 nighter I'm booked on.

The waves were really bad when we moved from the Gulf of Panama into the Pacific Ocean. Walking past the pool, I got hit by pool water that drenched me head to toe.

The roughest we've seen waves was crossing the Gulf of Alaska. The ship was almost empty since almost everybody was in their cabins sick.

Archived