Cheap activity to do with kids ages 13 and 14 in Saint John

We are are leaving on our cruise in 23 days! I didn't book a shore excursion through the cruise line because they were all so expensive. I was wondering if there is anything that a 13 and 14 year old would like to do that is cheap, but fun and within walking distance of the pier.

Well, browsing the City Market is free unless you buy things, the museum is 8.00 for adults and 4.50 for children, and the jet boat rides are around 35.00 for children and 50.00 for adults (if my memory serves me).

There's also a candy store called Freak Lunchbox on King Street.

Well, browsing the City Market is free unless you buy things, the museum is 8.00 for adults and 4.50 for children, and the jet boat rides are around 35.00 for children and 50.00 for adults (if my memory serves me).

There's also a candy store called Freak Lunchbox on King Street.

Which museum are you talking about?

Freak Lunchbox looks like a fun, unique place! Thanks for the tip!

Ultimate swim is 1:30 to 3:00

Also have water volleyball

Ultimate swim sounds like something the kids would like. And the pools will be much bigger than the ship pools. Looks like about a 15 minute walk, too, which isn't bad. Thanks!

So I think we'll go to ultimate swim and then pop by the candy store on the way back from the terminal.

Hopping on our cruise tomorrow with 14, 15, and 17 year olds on tow. The candy store sounds perfect. We are also interested in history, including seeing the fort. I read about a bus tour that leaves near the ship, reasonably priced for a 2 1/2 hour tour compared to ship bought shore excursion. Do you know anything about that tour?

The tour bus is run by local transit authority leaving loyalist plaza at 10:00 and 12:30

2 hours

$20 adult

$10 child

Perfect ages for either Jet Boat ride through reversing falls or zip lining at reversing falls.

Archived