Show...... And a Dinner?

JavaHutBum

Looking at the FunTimes for the Victory 4-day on the JH blog, I noticed that the production shows for late-seating dinners are at 7pm. It seems to me that last time I cruised (admittedly a long time ago, on Imagination), the shows were after dinner for both seatings. After all, isn't it "Dinner and a show," not the opposite? I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. ;)

Am I wrong in remembering that the late seating shows used to be after dinner? What do you late-eaters think about having it before dinner?

I'll be on the Victory 4-day June 20 (her next 4-day sailing!!!!).

Mark

Far as I can remember the early dinner has the late show and late dinner goes to the show before dinner. When we do early dining we barely make the 8 pm show. So if someone was doing the 8 pm dinner the show wouldn't start till 10 pm. That's kind of late to start a show for a lot of folks especially if there's an early port the next day. But I think I remember way back that we may have had some late shows but I'm not for sure. We've been doing early dining for so long it's hard to remember. We prefer early dining so that if we have a real early port we can go to bed. And if there isn't an early port then we can do the late night adult comedy show. I really like the comedy. :D

I agree the shows are backwards!!! Late seating dinner show at 7:00 or so, and early dinner seating at 10:00 or so, which is ridiculous. The early dinner show should be at 8:00, and the late dinner show at 10:00 or 10:30. I think they do this for crowd control/flow, but it still doesn't make sense to me. We always manage to make it to the late show in enough time to get a good seat. We like to sit in the balcony, which provides a good view of the entire stage, orchestra pit, and the front/floor of the theater.

Archived