Ship Lingo and Terms

nailz

I remember there was a post regarding ship lingo for newbies and reminders for the repeaters. I remember some of them, but this list was great and had a great deal of information. Can someone help me out. It had terms for what one would say when referring to the back of the ship, which would be Aft. It looked something like Room = Cabin or Stateroom, Stewart = Steward. Have some newbies traveling with me and would love to share that with them.

Ecstasy 8/2000

Imagination 7/2001

Sensation 7/2003

Carnival Triumph 7/2004

Bound for the Glory 7/2005

Derf, I should have known you would be the one to come through. This is exactly what I wanted to see. I truly believe if one is a "true" cruiser then one should speak as such! I know, I know it's my own personal pet-peeve. Anyway thanks for the link!

Derf amazes me all the time......

I love this one ...

Ocean Air Shrinkage (OAS)

Atmospheric condition at sea which causes all your clothing to lose one or two sizes between the start and end of the cruise. The longer the cruise, the more OAS will occur. Consider bringing elastic-waisted clothing to counteract OAS.

LOL:)

Ocean Air Shrinkage (OAS)

Atmospheric condition at sea which causes all your clothing to lose one or two sizes between the start and end of the cruise. The longer the cruise' date=' the more OAS will occur. Consider bringing elastic-waisted clothing to counteract OAS.

LOL:)[/quote']

Too funny! And all this time I thought it was because of my eating and drinking habits. Thanks "mom" that's a big load of guilt off me. LOL

Archived