Successfully booked 2 cabins under 1 name!

Nalagh

I have legitimately booked two cabins under my name for our September trip on the Breakaway.

This means will have the S6 and the connecting balcony giving us 824 sq ft in the S6 plus 207 in the Balcony for a total of 1031 sq ft(which is now larger than any other cabin on the ship). We will have two balconies, 2 real beds, 3 showers, and a closable office space for those of us who need to work.

How did I do this? I called my PCC, who called the Help desk and requested a supervisor who said that this was in fact allowed. She proceeded to tie the reservations together.

Cherie

As I read this, I trying to figure out what the advantage is of this?

And, at some point, you will have to put the names of the PASSENGERS, and at that point, well... anything can happen.

I see you are Plat, so you already know about the issues that may come up with some passengers being suite guests, and some are not.

As I read this, I trying to figure out what the advantage is of this?

And, at some point, you will have to put the names of the PASSENGERS, and at that point, well... anything can happen.

I see you are Plat, so you already know about the issues that may come up with some passengers being suite guests, and some are not.

My name is already on both cabins. Like I stated this was done by a supervisor. This IS an allowed practice, I am in no way skirting the rules. Everyone will have suite privileges, as it is fair as the cost of both cabins for 4 is as much as two full suites.

As for the why, well my parents are travelling with us and we wanted a shared space. Two real beds and connecting suites or at the very least connecting balconies were not available on this ship. I do not want my parents to have to walk the length of the ship down from 16 just to get to us. Now we are all in the same suite and it is larger than any other suite we could book on the ship! :D

Cherie

Well done, I like your strategy.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Thank you, however I wish I would have titled this thread, " It is allowed!"

Cherie

But you may very well end up paying first and second passenger for yourself twice. :eek: You now have a total of 5 passengers with you being 2 of them.

Now if you are just having both cabins booked for you to pay for both that is not unusual.

If I were to book one px in the Balcony that person would not be in a suite for every intent and purpose. One person would be left out of the Haven and Haven dinning.

This way we are getting exactly what we want with a connecting room, two real beds and an enormous balcony. There is not a suite combination that can combine these factors on the BA.

Cherie

so what's the advantage of booking both under your name and not just booking the second room under the name of the pax staying in that room?

But you may very well end up paying first and second passenger for yourself twice. :eek: You now have a total of 5 passengers with you being 2 of them.

Now if you are just having both cabins booked for you to pay for both that is not unusual.

The target is that everyone could be booked in to the suite and hence get suite perks for everyone but get more room so they can use the connecting room as a second bedroom.

I do congratulate OP for getting it done for now and I don't want to jinx it, but I still have a strong feeling that there will be problems later on with this setup. But if not, that's great because it opens whole new opportunities to people struggling with same kind of space problems.

The target is that everyone could be booked in to the suite and hence get suite perks for everyone but get more room so they can use the connecting room as a second bedroom.

I do congratulate OP for getting it done for now and I don't want to jinx it, but I still have a strong feeling that there will be problems later on with this setup. But if not, that's great because it opens whole new opportunities to people struggling with same kind of space problems.

I understand that but what has to happen is you end up paying for 2 1st&2nd passengers in each cabin plus 2 3rd+ in the suite. Thus paying the 3rd+ fares and taxes for the suite perks. Still far less expensive then 2 suites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I trust NCL and it was booked through proper channels to include a supervisor. I was told this is allowed although not commonly requested. Most PCCs do not even know they can do it.

I promise if I do have an issue, that I will report on back NCL's solution! ;)

Cherie

I understand that but what has to happen is you end up paying for 2 1st&2nd passengers in each cabin plus 2 3rd+ in the suite. Thus paying the 3rd+ fares and taxes for the suite perks. Still far less expensive then 2 suites.

What I am paying for is one S6 for four people and one balcony for one(of course based on double occupancy). I am paying the taxes and fees for five.

Together I am paying the costs of 2 S9s. No, it is not cheap, but we are getting exactly what we want.

Cherie

What I am paying for is one S6 for four people and one balcony for one(of course based on double occupancy). I am paying the taxes and fees for five.

Together I am paying the costs of 2 S9s. No, it is not cheap, but we are getting exactly what we want.

Cherie

I have done the same thing with an inside and 5 in a Haven S4. 2 slept in the Inside. Everyone had there own bedrooms and bathrooms.

Cherie

Ah. I got it. Congrats on the creativity. I'm not sure I would pay for 6 with only 4 traveling, but glad you got what you wanted.

Let us know how it goes. We ran into an issue booking dh, myself and all 6 kids finding a room large enough. The NCL site says to book the suite sleeping 6 then the adjoining rm but one has the perks and one does not. Tricky! We also struggled because we did not really want 4 to a room but with the ages of the kids we had to do one adult per room.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Good to know it has been done successfully, we are in the process of doing the same thing with our PCC for our Panama Canal cruise. We have the OS and are booking the adjoining balcony both under my name.

Our stumbling block is - our PCC has it done on paper, but we are looking into how it will be handled at the dock when we check in, we're not sure how the check-in person will handle one person checking in twice.Or even if the system will let one person check in to two seperate cabins. Well, we have 400+ days to work on it so I am not worried.

I trust NCL and it was booked through proper channels to include a supervisor. I was told this is allowed although not commonly requested. Most PCCs do not even know they can do it.

I promise if I do have an issue, that I will report on back NCL's solution! ;)

Cherie

My suggestion: Get the approval in writing from someone at NCL (name, title, date, specifics of your booking). I had B2B cruises in May and every time I called NCL about something, someone tried to cancel my bookings because they appeared to (but did not) violate the Jones Act.

Archived