Everything quantum!!!!!!

Just noticed the Jamie Oliver one ..now I wonder if it will be a different one for on Quantum..do our friends across the pond know about Jamie Oliver ?

Oh yeah, Jamie Oliver had a tv show over here. It was actually quite the scandal - I don't remember all the details, but he basically criticized a bunch of people for being overweight and feeding their kids junk, including in school lunches. So, we know who he is. :D

Really hoping they go for rotational dining (like Disney) rather than freestyle (like NCL). I want to keep my servers and tablemates! I guess we'll find out in a couple of days....

Looks like it's split into four ... So perhaps the rotational dining idea. Not sure!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do you think The Grande, Chic, Silk, and American Icon Grille on decks 3 and 4 would all be main dining rooms (and probably fee-free)? They're in the right location, and different enough that they'd make for a good rotation if royal decided to copy disney's rotational dining concept. keeping my fingers crossed that that's what's going on here.

Do you think The Grande, Chic, Silk, and American Icon Grille on decks 3 and 4 would all be main dining rooms (and probably fee-free)? They're in the right location, and different enough that they'd make for a good rotation if royal decided to copy disney's rotational dining concept. keeping my fingers crossed that that's what's going on here.

That's what I'm thinking - we'll see :/

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oh yeah, Jamie Oliver had a tv show over here. It was actually quite the scandal - I don't remember all the details, but he basically criticized a bunch of people for being overweight and feeding their kids junk, including in school lunches. So, we know who he is. :D

Really hoping they go for rotational dining (like Disney) rather than freestyle (like NCL). I want to keep my servers and tablemates! I guess we'll find out in a couple of days....

Thanks Robin..ah so Jamie Oliver is well known over the pond too.

I was thinking before that if QN had rotational dining it would be rather fun to do...but have to be honest and say I am not liking the sound of the different dining rooms (if that is what they are) ...Silk...no thank you. Chic..nope not making my mouth water...The Grande...mmm yip sounds good and American Icon Grill sounds tasty.

I do like how the Pub on the Royal Promenade will have food :D

We will be upset to see the MDR go. We enjoy our same servers and tablemates. I think the servers make more money as well because you form a bit of a friendship and we always tip accordingly. (We actually give extra as "gifts" so they don't get taxed on it. We make sure the head waiter knows they are gifts (including his:) )

Silk we will definitely skip. American Icon? depends what it is...steak yes, meatloaf no! We're taking a Disney cruise in November so I'll experience the rotating dining. If I like it, we'll consider keeping the Quantum, if not, we might be cancelling. Whatever, there are so many cruises to chose from!

I would hope so. I have a feeling this will be just like NCL than the rotation on Disney. Two to three dining rooms with no set times to eat.

Thanks Robin..ah so Jamie Oliver is well known over the pond too.

I was thinking before that if QN had rotational dining it would be rather fun to do...but have to be honest and say I am not liking the sound of the different dining rooms (if that is what they are) ...Silk...no thank you. Chic..nope not making my mouth water...The Grande...mmm yip sounds good and American Icon Grill sounds tasty.

I do like how the Pub on the Royal Promenade will have food :D

Hopefully if those are the main dining rooms they'd also have the standard steak-chicken-sliders-pasta every day options like they do now! i can't even tell what chic is supposed to be - i'm just picturing them serving zebra or something exotic (i know they won't be - it's just worded funny in the description :D ).

oooh, excited about pub food. also the suites-only restaurant (just upgraded to a GS) and the 24-hour station in windjammer with all-day breakfast. not so excited to see that chops has the new revamped menu, though supposedly they are adding the baked potato and the sauces back, which will help.

i guess i shouldnt get too excited until we know how quantum will differ from anthem, since i've currently got a quantum cruise booked but not anthem yet...

The aft sections on decks 3 and 4 are unlabelled, hoping that will me the MDR....

I know people have said this won't be the case, which I tend to agree with, but what would be here???? Crew spaces are on lower decks - it seems odd for them to have a chunk taken out of decks 3/4....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know people have said this won't be the case, which I tend to agree with, but what would be here???? Crew spaces are on lower decks - it seems odd for them to have a chunk taken out of decks 3/4....

I assume that space is the galley and where the retractable parts of 270 go when they're retracted.

EDIT: I've also noticed that the other threads on the new dining options have been deleted.

Edited by ahecht

I assume that space is the galley and where the retractable parts of 270 go when they're retracted.

EDIT: I've also noticed that the other threads on the new dining options have been deleted.

I've noticed the same thing. I'm DISGUSTED. Spare me the lecture moderators on "We can do whatever we want and you can't say anything about it." :rolleyes: Reminder to Cruise Critic: we also get to choose whether to post here or not, which your business depends on. I'm sure this post will be gone in the next 5 minutes.

Edited by Dave85

I've noticed the same thing. I'm DISGUSTED. Spare me the lecture moderators on "We can do whatever we want and you can't say anything about it." :rolleyes: Reminder to Cruise Critic: we also get to choose whether to post here or not, which your business depends on.

Very disappointing - I agree. I wouldn't blame the moderators - RCCL pulled the plug I'm sure. The link no longer works and probably threatened CC.

If I'm pissed off at anyone, it's RCCL. They better post an announcement prior to the event acknowledging this. Very bad form on their part.

We didn't have "details". The announcement still would've been a surprise. They should've let it go.

I've noticed the same thing. I'm DISGUSTED. Spare me the lecture moderators on "We can do whatever we want and you can't say anything about it." :rolleyes: Reminder to Cruise Critic: we also get to choose whether to post here or not, which your business depends on.

Totally agree! I kinda thought it was weird when the moderators reminded the posters not to be negative. I thought these boards were called "Cruise Critic" not "Cruise promotion Board"

I printed off the Deck plans and enlarged them so I have the dining options. So there ;)

Totally agree! I kinda thought it was weird when the moderators reminded the posters not to be negative. I thought these boards were called "Cruise Critic" not "Cruise promotion Board"

I printed off the Deck plans and enlarged them so I have the dining options. So there ;)

Good deal!!!

I better print screen this before it's taken down too!

Again, I doubt it's the negativity - more the confidential information thing that RCCL pleaded CruiseCritic to take down.

(I bet the Moderators got a free cruise for their quick actions!!!)

Good deal!!!

Again, I doubt it's the negativity - more the confidential information thing that RCCL pleaded CruiseCritic to take down.

I saved the PDF file as soon as it was available hours ago, so Royal Caribbean's begging and pleading is of no avail and is rather pathetic IMHO.

Good deal!!!

I was a moderator here for two years...let me tell you this ...moderators do not get anything for free...they moderate for free !!

I saved the PDF file as soon as it was available hours ago, so Royal Caribbean's begging and pleading is of no avail and is rather pathetic IMHO.

The thing Royal Caribbean doesn't understand is that we are all LOYAL cruisers. We want to know so we can get more excited and share the news to convince other people to go on RCCL.

All of this secrecy only HURTS their cause. Whomever Royal Caribbean is consulting regarding their marketing should go back to business school.

BUZZ (community driven) is good - HYPE (company controlled) is very bad.

I was a moderator here for two years...let me tell you this ...moderators do not get anything for free...they moderate for free !!

It was a joke!! I know they don't really get anything. See my posts - I'm trying to defend them and pointing the finger at Royal Caribbean.

The thing Royal Caribbean doesn't understand is that we are all LOYAL cruisers. We want to know so we can get more excited and share the news to convince other people to go on RCCL.

All of this secrecy only HURTS their cause. Whomever Royal Caribbean is consulting regarding their marketing should go back to business school.

BUZZ (community driven) is good - HYPE (company controlled) is very bad.

I've complained about 20+ times on these boards how poorly Royal Caribbean has handled the roll out of the Quantum Class... this is just the latest example. Royal Caribbean will do just about anything these days to make it difficult for their fans to develop enthusiasm about the Quantum Class.