Double check the Fall and Winter Sale prices.

sbc234

I just checked the prices again with the Fall and Winter Sale for the holiday cruises in December and there was another price drop for both of my B2B cruises on the Liberty. I put in for a price reduction of $392 on the 2 cabins. I was surprised to see another reduction after last weeks!

OP, Oh my gosh, thank you for this!:) I got the alert earlier today on the price drop; but when I looked, it didn't seem like my price had changed. I didn't realize that this sale price was waaaaaayyyyy off to the right of the price chart and I had to scroll over to see it. After reading your post, Sure enough, my price has gone down.

I just left a voicemail for my PVP with the details. Hopefully she'll put this one in for me as she did the last two price drops for this cruise. I've got a lot of complaints about Carnival, but my PVP isn't one of them. I've got an EXCELLENT PVP!:D

Yay, another price drop!

Thanks again!

Sure does pay to keep checking those prices - for only $76 I was able to upgrade to an aft balcony! :)

Everyone says after you have a balcony, you'll never go back. This is my first balcony and now its an aft! Trouble for future cruises. lol :p

We are booked as Past Guest. Can we ask for the price drop too?

You're ahead of final payment, so you can probably take advantage of the price drop, but if you have any other perks on your booking, you may lose them (half price deposit, OBC, etc).

Either touch base with your TA, PVP, or cal CCL to ask.

I know this is silly but we have a 4C interior cabin and if all those cabins are sold out then we can't get a credit back can we??? There are rooms a floor below us that are $50 cheaper now but are 4B cabins, so I am out of luck right?

Posted in another thread about the 3 day sale, but wanted to see if this thread might have a response for me too:

Can someone help me understand? I am so new to all this.

We booked May 11th. Carnival Magic, 10/20 sailing from Galveston. 4 people, 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 13 and 9). Balcony room category 8B (room 6417). The rate was Early Saver for $1590 not including taxes/port charges/insurance. Total final cost was $2709.

When I look at the fare viewer for my cruise it shows $2086. My kids will be 13 and 9 at the time of sailing. I can't recall for sure, but I think the 9 year old had a lower price than if 4 adults were staying in the room???

Do I see correctly that the fare viewer is showing me $2086 for the cruise only, not including port fees and taxes? So my cruise has gone UP $496 when all these people are getting price drops. (2086-1590=496)

I feel like I am not seeing something I should see. :confused: Or maybe I just got a good price when I booked? :) Can someone just confirm that I am looking at it correctly and tell me to simmer down cuz I got a good price!

I don't think this is related to the fall sale at all, but this thread reminded me that I haven't checked the prices on ours in several weeks.

Between our 2 cabins, I just got $160 OBC! Thank you so much!

And my PVP is absolutely fabulous. :)

OP, Oh my gosh, thank you for this!:) I got the alert earlier today on the price drop; but when I looked, it didn't seem like my price had changed. I didn't realize that this sale price was waaaaaayyyyy off to the right of the price chart and I had to scroll over to see it. After reading your post, Sure enough, my price has gone down.

I just left a voicemail for my PVP with the details. Hopefully she'll put this one in for me as she did the last two price drops for this cruise. I've got a lot of complaints about Carnival, but my PVP isn't one of them. I've got an EXCELLENT PVP!:D

Yay, another price drop!

Thanks again!

Update: My PVP called this morning to let me know she had put the price drop in for me. And she sent the confirmation email reflecting my new price. All before I had gotten out of bed this morning.:o Didn't I say she was excellent?:D:cool:

This one was only a $26 drop, but it's the third drop I've gotten on this cruise - totaling $196 off my original price!:)

Thanks again, OP!

It's great, we're now paying $150 less for an 8B balcony than the original price for a 6A oceanview when we booked - for two cabins, that's a $300 saving for an upgrade! :D

We have an 8B now and I checked and our price has gone down but only $32. I submitted the price drop form so we will see. But, I have a question. This is the first time for us submitting. I noticed that while the rates have gone down the taxes have gone up. Making an actual difference of $3.04! So, I guess we won't actually get a drop.

Why do the taxes go up? Is it because it is getting closer to the date of our cruise (October)? Will the taxes negate any price drop right now?

We booked ours right after the first of the year and this is the first price drop we have seen. Thanks for any answers.

Archived