food poisening

Thanks Jackie and thanks for your "like" on FB. I shall probably be "struck off" now for criticising Thomson Staff ;)

You won't be struck off Linda ;). It is a forum created by Thomson Cruisers for Thomson Cruisers not created by Thomson staff - everyone is entitled to say what they want to on there & people are very honest & open :)

You won't be struck off Linda ;). It is a forum created by Thomson Cruisers for Thomson Cruisers not created by Thomson staff - everyone is entitled to say what they want to on there & people are very honest & open :)

Yes and very addictive too :rolleyes: Spent all evening hopping between cc & fb:eek: I was going to do some family history. Have had daughter over for dinner today and been bowling. Tired now so off to bed. Got to be up early. Lots to do before we go away on Friday ;)

anyone can carry noroviurus unknowingly

if you have had the virus you will become inmune for a few weeks afer, untill that strain mutates

if you become reinfected during that time you will not have any symptoms yourself but you can still pass it on to others who are not imune

this is the most likely way it is brought on the ship....unknowingly..... by passengers who were ill (and have recovered) a few weeks before

fishrfunky has not mentioned if others were affected, and if so, how many. If others not affected then unlikely to be anything served on the ship.

Not seen any other reports of problems on Spirit. Friends of ours were on the May 9th sailing and came back with glowing reports. They have booked for next year whilst on board, that's how good it was.

M.

Was this the "Pharoahs and the Promised Land" itinerary, with shore visits in Turkey and Egypt ?

anyone can carry noroviurus unknowingly

if you have had the virus you will become inmune for a few weeks afer, untill that strain mutates

if you become reinfected during that time you will not have any symptoms yourself but you can still pass it on to others who are not imune

this is the most likely way it is brought on the ship....unknowingly..... by passengers who were ill (and have recovered) a few weeks before

Yes geo this is possibly what happens. Thomson only ask if you have been ill in the last couple of days :(

The point I am trying to make is that Thomson consistently blame the passengers and never take any blame themselves. When we were on in April there were lots of new crew arriving, so in theory they could be carrying it and could transmit it through foof preparation (food poisoning) or direct contact (noro)

At least 3 on us on here contacted Thomson and were all told the same thing, either by phone or email, that passengers brought it on by not being truthful (lying :eek:) on their health questionaires.

I really want to forget the holiday and move on but finding that people have been ill on another Thomson ship and that it is still ongoing on the Dream is very worrying. I know it can happen on any ship, but when it was on Crown Princess, they returned to port, put people up in hotels and thoroughly cleaned the ship. I hope she is germ free now as we are on her in September ;)

Linda,

I have no reason to doubt Thomson (or any other cruise line) when they say that passengers tell porkies on their health declaration form.

Who is going to confirm in writing that they've had recent infections etc. when they know the consequences of that admission ?

When we were on the Diamond Princess in 2011 the Chinese placed health inspectors onboard and all passengers were obliged to walk past a heat registering scanner, presumably to identify anybody who might have above normal body temperature.

That's the level of precautions that might need to be adopted elsewhere to reduce the incidence of passengers being economical with the truth.

Was this the "Pharoahs and the Promised Land" itinerary, with shore visits in Turkey and Egypt ?

dont know if the date they gave was start date or return date, if return it was the end of the first sailing of the year which was Egypt which i was also on, if it was the start date it may have been the Turkey/Greece itinary, either way probably plenty non ship generated bugs available. there was never any other reports of illness around that time and why wait over two months to start ranting

Linda,

I have no reason to doubt Thomson (or any other cruise line) when they say that passengers tell porkies on their health declaration form.

Who is going to confirm in writing that they've had recent infections etc. when they know the consequences of that admission ?

When we were on the Diamond Princess in 2011 the Chinese placed health inspectors onboard and all passengers were obliged to walk past a heat registering scanner, presumably to identify anybody who might have above normal body temperature.

That's the level of precautions that might need to be adopted elsewhere to reduce the incidence of passengers being economical with the truth.

Hi WCM

I'm sure you are right. When we sailed from Southampton I heard a member of staff telling someone that if you had been ill, they would not neccesarily be stopped from going on board, but would have to see a doctor and then maybe confined to their cabin for a couple of days (which wouldn't matter from Southampton so much, as you would be at sea :rolleyes:) but we have often said "Well who is going to say if they have been ill?"

We actually caught something horrible (possibly noro) coming back from Turkey a few years ago, on a BA flight. We were fine all holiday and became ill a few days after getting home. It was awful and we felt ill for some time after the illness had gone.

Sounds like the Chinese have got a good idea there though :)

Thanks Jackie and thanks for your "like" on FB. I shall probably be "struck off" now for criticising Thomson Staff ;)

Come on down Linda, & join the The Barred Whistleblowers Club, just one member so far.

You won't be struck off Linda . It is a forum created by Thomson Cruisers for Thomson Cruisers not created by Thomson staff - everyone is entitled to say what they want to on there & people are very honest & open

You think they don't bar people for telling the truth, Julessmiles - think again. Hear it from one who knows!

Come on down Linda, & join the The Barred Whistleblowers Club, just one member so far.

You think they don't bar people for telling the truth, Julessmiles - think again. Hear it from one who knows!

That was the Island Escape Forum Don - you know the Thomson one is a lot friendlier & we're all behind you on that forum Don, you know we are ;)

I caught something on the Celebration the first time I went on her, ruddy hell was I ill or what, the problem is that I am diabetic so any non eating or being ill is a worry as sugar levels drop v fast. I know when the Doc finally got to us after about an hour he was very keen to find out where I had eaten that day, had I eaten off the ship or on the ship, so I sometimes wonder if I did have the Novo or food problems. I was lucky the next day although I had a temperature, I had managed to eat porriage cause I was starving and kept it down so the Doc let me fly home otherwise it would have been Marmaris hospital for me, but I felt awful for about 5 days after, and really had to force myself to try and eat. I do have to say though that the cabin people were truely wonderful. I just presumed it was Novo, but after reading this I do wonder. Again people were dropping like flies and I do think that someone should have warned us, as people with underlying health problems, could have been very very serious for me.

Although when we went on Celebration last year spoke to my Doc at home beore we left and she said to try and use your own loo and not the communial ones, which I did and am very happy to report no ilness, but did take wipes as well.

U will be OK lol

Re FB are you on CP or POCruise

I'm on Thomson FB - only just joined. I have been on 7 Thomson cruises :)

I see you are going Round Britain on the Spirit. I loved the Spirit - we went on the Adriatic Explorer on her. We went round Britain on the Crown Princess 2 year ago and really enjoyed it :)

I'm on Thomson FB - only just joined. I have been on 7 Thomson cruises :)

I see you are going Round Britain on the Spirit. I loved the Spirit - we went on the Adriatic Explorer on her. We went round Britain on the Crown Princess 2 year ago and really enjoyed it :)

I am also on Thomson FB and run a POCruise group and admn on another cruise one

This will be my first Thomson cruise

James

No. Baltic - 9th May. 1st departure from Newcastle this year.

M.

The date quoted in the opening message was 3/4/13 - according to the brochure I have (April 2013-April 2014) the Spirit was on "Pharaohs and the Promised Land" at that time - have I got it wrong ?

:confused:

The date quoted in the opening message was 3/4/13 - according to the brochure I have (April 2013-April 2014) the Spirit was on "Pharaohs and the Promised Land" at that time - have I got it wrong ?

:confused:

I think Malch_uk means the cruise his friends were on :)

I think Malch_uk means the cruise his friends were on :)

That's right.

Sorry WeeCountyMan, I thought that's what you were asking.

They were on board for 12 nights from 9th May and no complaints. In fact they were so impressed they booked for the Arctic Affair on Spirit in 2014.

Malc.

(Scary Mary - That's another 2 for Arctic Affair!)

That's right.

Sorry WeeCountyMan, I thought that's what you were asking.

They were on board for 12 nights from 9th May and no complaints. In fact they were so impressed they booked for the Arctic Affair on Spirit in 2014.

Malc.

(Scary Mary - That's another 2 for Arctic Affair!)

We've been talking at cross purposes - all now understood.

My excuse is premature senile dementia !!!

Where is the member who started this thread haven't noticed any more postings unless I have missed them if so sorry.

That's right. She posted the original comment and never came back. And if it was that bad why wait over 2 months to post about it?

Berwyn

That's right. She posted the original comment and never came back. And if it was that bad why wait over 2 months to post about it?

Berwyn

Lol Berwyn you know my theory on this :-) I reckon the other half was trying to get rid of her via poisoning for the very large life insurance policy he had taken out prior to sailing.......( if you read the original post the OP states her husband said there was something wrong with the food so why did 1, she continue to eat it and 2 why did he let her!!!) :D

Archived