food poisening

Lol Berwyn you know my theory on this :-) I reckon the other half was trying to get rid of her via poisoning for the very large life insurance policy he had taken out prior to sailing.......( if you read the original post the OP states her husband said there was something wrong with the food so why did 1, she continue to eat it and 2 why did he let her!!!) :D

Lol :D and surely they should have at least sent it back for an alternative after 1st taste and ideally reported to the Maitre D too

Berwyn

Lol Berwyn you know my theory on this :-) I reckon the other half was trying to get rid of her via poisoning for the very large life insurance policy he had taken out prior to sailing.......( if you read the original post the OP states her husband said there was something wrong with the food so why did 1, she continue to eat it and 2 why did he let her!!!) :D
I thought the OP was a man and his wife was the chef. :confused::confused:

I thought the OP was a man and his wife was the chef. :confused:

Just found an earlier post by OP

fishrfunky user_offline.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon10.gifhair dryer thomson spirit

Thomson spirit, the other half wants to know if she can use a hair dryer and hair Straighteners in the cabin on the ship. she needs a hair cut like mine,, :D ,,

Case proven m'Lud :D:D

Well done Miss Marple. :rolleyes::D

But he was she and she was he :p:D See post #54

Found this comment and others of a similar nature ( by the same contributor) on a video’s about Thomson Spirit on You Tube, Very similar to the one that started this post. Could it be the same person (he or she) or was there indeed an issue with the food? Hope not going on the Spirit for my first cruise (Fire & Ice) in July.

“3/4/13 went on this ship and after day 2 got food poisening and they called it nurovirus, so that they didnt have to give any compo. it was the fish salad that was the cause, thanks for totaly wrecking our holliday thomson. 48hrs stuck in a cabin and to top it off the ship even in port just kept on shuddering day and night. ive been on better ferrys, never ever again will i use thomson even if its free. my advice to you all use someone else, or just stay at home,,,,,”

Also for Miss Marple note the spelling mistake’s in the title of the post and the post itself, The plot thickens :eek:

Found this comment and others of a similar nature ( by the same contributor) on a video’s about Thomson Spirit on You Tube, Very similar to the one that started this post. Could it be the same person (he or she) or was there indeed an issue with the food? Hope not going on the Spirit for my first cruise (Fire & Ice) in July.

“3/4/13 went on this ship and after day 2 got food poisening and they called it nurovirus, so that they didnt have to give any compo. it was the fish salad that was the cause, thanks for totaly wrecking our holliday thomson. 48hrs stuck in a cabin and to top it off the ship even in port just kept on shuddering day and night. ive been on better ferrys, never ever again will i use thomson even if its free. my advice to you all use someone else, or just stay at home,,,,,”

Also for Miss Marple note the spelling mistake’s in the title of the post and the post itself, The plot thickens :eek:

I think the give a way word amongst all that was COMPO!!! ;)

Couldn't find it on youtube :( But definitely a comp case :rolleyes:

This is the link to a video on YouTube

It appears that any video about Thomson Spirit, this guy (Kingkong********) (did not complete the name you will see why if you find a video has posted similar comments. Appears to have a grudge against Thomson’s.

I agree with you Linda, looks like he is looking for something for nothing (COMPO !!!!!)

The only place Compo was ok was “ Last of the summer wine”:D

To be sure what is causing D&V, stool samples would have to be taken. If people still have trots when they get home then your GP can send them. You would then have a definite diagnosis. Worth it if a holiday is ruined.

Norovirus is an airborne virus caught from person to person and easily spread. Food poisoning is usually bacterial and ingested. It can be passed by food that is off or an infected person contaminating the food.

Hand gels are no use against norovirus. Only hand washing with soap and water is effective.:eek:

Well all I can say, is we were on Spirit at the end of April, and in my opinion it was spotless and there were no problems with food hygiene that I could see. Anybody who is due to go on Spirit soon, I really wouldn't worry - I'm sure you'll have a great time and I wish I could swap places with you!

Archived