Allure, Closed Out of On Line Show Reservations

We booked the June 30 Allure a couple of days ago. It appears that we cannot make on line reservations for theater shows and Comedy Club, etc. The little red sentence keeps popping up telling us to book on board.

Here's where Hubby and I disagree. He says it doesn't matter because Diamond Plus level doesn't need reservations and can just walk into any show on Oasis Class ships. I don't recall that being true on our previous voyages on Oasis and Allure.

Does anyone know if what he says is a fact? Has that been anybody's expereince or if so, is that practice still going on today or has it been stopped or what is the situation?

We are just off Allure today and can tell you that yes, you can go to the shows early and be on "stand-by" for the show (we had 11:00 reservations and wanted to go to the 9:00 show but that was sold out months before!). We arrived about 1/2 hour early for Blue Planet and were towards the front of the stand-by line - maybe 10 in. Once they call all the reservations in, they said they had room for about 20 people, so luckily we made it in, but the theatre seats 1000+ people and they only let 20 in.....Suggest you go to Studio B when you arrive...

Here is what the member website says about the priority seating:

On select ships only. Priority Seating at Theater, ice show & AquaTheater events will be held up to ten minutes before show time. To reserve show times before you board go to RoyalCaribbean.com/PreCruisePlanner.

;)

I have been on both Allure and the Oasis. I prebooked everything ahead of time. Both ships we decided not to go to some shows and some we just waited

to see if they had room for us without the reservation. We got in each time.

I think alot of people do the same.

• 8 months later...
how soon before the cruise can you start making reservations?

i have a guy in work going on Oasis and I don't want him to not get to see any of the shows.

This is his first cruise and is 68 years old.

Bill

We just got of the NOS and the D+ card was all that was needed for the ice show.

ALSO we had the BEST concierge in the diamond lounge that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Nadja Durdevic was fabulous while she was in the lounge but she did even more. She went down to the LONG lines of pax waiting for the 20 minute tender ride in to Belize City and walked up the line and pulled her people (PC and D+) out of line and took them up to the front. we were on a B2B2B and she did this all three weeks.

Woody , Vicki