Progreso excursion with children

ibtsoom

We have a Carnival cruise booked in July 2013 and are trying to find the best excursions to take with our boys, ages 8 and 11. Both love to explore and I think the cenotes would be great, but I cannot seem to find the best way to book an excursion, through Carnival or independent...and if independent, who is the most trustworthy with the best options? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Last summer we took our kids 5, 7, 9 to the Dzibilchaltun ruins. We booked through AutoProgresso. You can climb on the ruins and the kids LOVED expressing their inner Indiana Jones. After we explored a while we went swimming in the denote there at the ruins. We all loved that!! Super clear water and a great chance to cool off. There is a nice museum there as well. Everything was right up our alley. I've been to more impressive ruins but these were just fine, especially since you could really explore and the added benefit of the swim. Plenty to do and had thumbs up from everyone. Price was right too. $30/adult and $22/child.

Archived