Would I Be Happy On Caribbean Princess Grand Suite?

KAKcruiser

Here's my problem. We want to cruise to St. Thomas & St. Maarten from Fort Lauderdale in 2006. HAL, my absolute favorite cruise line, does not provide this itinerary. I am very hesitant about the 3,000 passenger Caribbean Princess so I figured that maybe if we got the Grand Suite it would be so special, I wouldn't mind the crowds. The Princess Grand Suite is equivolent to the Penthouse Suite on HAL but almost $1,000 cheaper per person. The only time I strayed from HAL in the past 10 years was to the Celebrity Century in a Royal Suite and I hated it. I kept wishing I was back on HAL. Should I take the chance with Princess?

Those princess ships are very big and 3,00 passengers is very crowded. The ships aren't much larger than HAL's Vista Class, yet carry 1, 300 more passengers. HAL offers St. Thomas and St. Marteen, but just on separate iteneraries. I would stay on HAL. The size of the ship and quality of the ship and services is better on HAL IMO.

Kak-Those Princess ships # 1-ARE MUCH bigger than the Vista ships..about 35,000 tons or about 35-40% bigger and they are IMO,the best of the mainstream lines.I found food,entertainment and service better than the other 6 major cruise lines.....I like big because there are more options..i.e.,we just got off the RCI's Adventure Of The Seas about a month ago and we loved it...lines were NOT that bad because there is more space.We cruised The Grand Princess in 2000 and it's still our favorite cruise of all time with the NCL Sun 2nd and the AOS 3rd followed by the Carnival Triumph....The new Caribbean Princess is magnificent.A good friend sailed her last summer,was so impressed,that he booked her again and leaves tomorrow(25th)..The 300 sq.ft LCD screen at the pool he said was terrific...free popcorn,free rafts in the pool,beautiful nights & stars at sea-what more can you ask for?

Archived