questions relating to toddlers on royal caribbean

Akitkat118

Hello - I have 2 questions.

For those who have used the Royal Tots nursery... are there pack n plays in there? For example, if I put my son in there after dinner so my husband and I could just relax on our own for an hour or so, would there be a place to lie down and go to bed if it was his bed time and then I would just get him asleep?

Second, for the in-room babysitters.. do they do room share? For example we are traveling with another couple and we have boys the same age. Could we put one boy in the other room so both are together and have just 1 sitter and share the cost?

thanks in advance.

So I can answer question 1- (at least how it relates to the Oasis).... There are actual cribs in the nursery. They aren't full size but they are more than a pack and play. The lights on that side are dimmer and there are rockers that staff can rock the little ones in.

As for the in room care... I have 'heard' that this is something that staff signs up for to make extra money and this is the reason why it is not always available. That is just conjecture though, I have no experience with that part of the program.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We used the nursery on Oasis, and as PP said there were small cribs. The nursery was very nice, clean and well staffed, I felt 100% comfortable with him there. I'm leery of in room sitting though and like the accountability of the nursery. We'd pick him up, transfer him to stroller and then to bed without him usually waking up.

We used he nursery on Oasis and were very happy with it. As others said there is an area with cribs where the lighting is lower. When we went to pick up DD (around 9) it was a bit darker in the area & throughout so I'm assuming there were some sleeping babies in the cribs.

On embarkation day, the lady at the nursery explained that there are always at least 2 employees there. After they get above 4 children, they add another employee for every 4 additional children.

I'm not sure about the in room sitters as we did not use that, but I highly recommend the nursery.

We used the nursery on Liberty last fall and found it great. As others have said, they have small cribs for the little ones( not that ours ever managed to sleep there). Staffing was fabulous. We never used the in room, so can't comment on that.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived