Booking Question...HELP!

I have searched high and low for great deals through travel agents as well as about 15 online sights for 4 different boats on 5 different dates in November. All prices are comprable, most are the same with a few being at most 25.00 difference. I have read on so many occasions that I should research all avenues to find the best prices, but I'm stuggling to find any deals....(when they are all priced the same). Any suggestions from those seasoned cruisers? Thanks so much!

I have searched high and low for great deals through travel agents as well as about 15 online sights for 4 different boats on 5 different dates in November. All prices are comprable, most are the same with a few being at most 25.00 difference. I have read on so many occasions that I should research all avenues to find the best prices, but I'm stuggling to find any deals....(when they are all priced the same). Any suggestions from those seasoned cruisers? Thanks so much!

When all your sources are saying the same thing, then your main advantage is that you still have time on your side. You can always book with a TA that will guarantee to pass along any reductions that occur (but you will have to be prepared to pay what you book at as a reduction is not for sure.)

There have been recent posts on this board about how prices have been increasing not decreasing. So the prices that your seeing today may look like the deals your searching for in a few months!

If your flexible you can always wait and hope for a good last minute deal.

Good Luck!

Eventually it will go down, if you wait and you are flexible!

If you wait, that price may go up by several hundreds of $$$ as most cruise have been doing lately. It is supply and demand. Big demand for cruises and, despite all the new builds, not enough ships.

Have you checked out *****.com yet? I used them on my last cruise and found it very helpful. You post the date and ship that you want to cruise on. Then, travel agents and discounters send you bids and you get to pick which one is the best for you. Sometimes they will throw in perks like a shipboard credit, etc, and a lot of times you'll find a price lower than what is normally listed on cruise websites. It's free, so it never hurts to try, right? The only downfall is there is no real connection with the agent you end up buying with...I was one of the few people I knew on board that didn't get a welcome basket, etc, waiting for me from my agent. But I got such a great deal, I didn't mind too much! wink.gif

Good luck to you!

I second the ***** advice. I LOVE that site...I've got a deal that no agencies can beat, I've been asking around. I do miss the personal connection with the TA but the price more than makes up for it.

I'll "third" the ***** reco, but will add that the TA that wound up with our biz gave as much "personal" touch as someone a few thousand miles away can be. :) She beat the other bids by >$200 pp, threw in some perks, etc. I liked ***** a helluva lot better than spending several hours/days online beating the bushes (although I did some of that just to know a good price when I saw one).

Holly, with all that online checking you're doing, have you also checked with a local TA or the cruise line directly? Also - make sure you are getting the TOTAL amount for the cruise, including port charges and taxes. You should also ask if there are any hidden charges/fees/penalties, such as if you need to change or cancel the cruise. Best to check out all three venues (online, TA, and cruise line) before making your decision. Good luck.:)

• 2 weeks later...

This October we are sailing on NCL Jewel for 11 days to Canada/NE. My regular TA wasn't available and since the Jewel is a brand new ship the best cabins seemed to be almost sold out six months prior to sailing date. I decided to deal directly with NCL 'Lattitudes' since we've previously sailed with that line. The representative from Lattitudes could not have been nicer. I was looking to book either a mini-suite or a balcony. She worked for me and with me and I was able to book a BA which at that point looked to be one of the last balconies available. Shortly after that I found that a mini-suite was open. My rep not only got me that mini-suite but got it for $200pp cheaper than the BA. Needless to say, I'm extremely grateful for the service the NCL rep provided and I wouldn't hesitiate to use them/her again.

From what I've been reading recently, prices will be pretty much the same no matter who you book through. There may be perks from a TA that are not available from the line itself....but basically the rates are the same all around.

Good luck to all and....

Happy cruising!

• 3 weeks later...

River cruises in Europe on the Danube, Rhine, Moselle & Main rivers are operated among others by Amadeus Waterways and Avalon Waterways. Their prices are the same, however prices vary depending from which cruise discounter you buy. I found that UET at *****amade1.html offered substancially lower rates for these cruises. Also if you can plan way ahead you are getting special Early Booking discounts, which can bring down your cruise price dramatically. Right now would be the time to book for 2006. Keep in mind all these offers are time limited. I hope this info helped. Good luck !

tban

Archived