Eastern Med with 3 year old-what excursions?

mcgrate

Going on navigator eastern med cruise in oct with my 3 year old daughter.

Ports are Scilily, Crete, Kusadasi, Athens.

Anyone got recmmendation on things to do with a 3 year old? Even if its tacky holiday things?

Our daughter will not be interested in religious history or old ruins :) so i want to take her to do fun things as well !

No matter where you go, do it by private tour or taxi so you can go at your own pace and stick to kid-friendly activities.

Ephesus is one big ancient Roman playground - my daughters loved it. I'd suggest a private tour and tell the tour company you'll (they turned 5 on our have a little one - our tour company sent a kid-friendly guide who carried my girls on his shoulders, held their hands and showed them things of interest to them (ancient potties were a hit).

In Athens she can scramble up the Acropolis and then we wandered the old town, stopping for ice cream.

We also joined other families from our roll call on tours as well. The kids enjoyed having others to hang out with.

Best,

Mia

Thanks mia. Of the 4 ports, would you recommend one over the other for these excursions? Our budget won't allow the high priced excursions at all of them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks mia. Of the 4 ports, would you recommend one over the other for these excursions? Our budget won't allow the high priced excursions at all of them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Private tours (alone or shared with other families) are actually very reasonable and I found them to be less than the ships tours. We didn't visit Sicily or Crete. Ephesus is absolutely not to be missed, and we paid very little for 4 of us on a private tour. I suggest you go to the ports of call board here and ask for suggestions. I know there was an easy way to do the subway in Athens, but we just hired a cab for the day.

All the best,

Mia

Archived