Cabin Price Drop

Real_Raven

That means the rest of us get penalized for booking a cruise inside of nine months?

(said with tongue in cheek - I get it)

I see it as a choice, not a penalty. :D

Just for general info:

Our cabin on our next cruise on NCL has gone up 59% since when we booked.

The balconies (which we booked in Feb) on our NCL Jewel cruise in Oct have sold out. The OV rooms are now $185 total for 2 more than we paid for our balcony.

As a complete opposite, the 2 connecting OV rooms we booked in Dec for our August CCL Freedom cruise have dropped. When they had dropped by a total of $640 we upgraded to 2 connecting Balcony rooms for $400. Since then (just a couple of weeks ago) it has dropped another $220 which will be in OBC since it is now after final payment. That's 3 out of our 5 people having their gratuities covered so far. I would love to have that bill completely covered before we board :D.

If you're flexible and not particular where your cabin is you can get some good deals by waiting but it can go the other way too. We've been booking aft penthouse suites and have one booked for our next two cruises. There are only a couple left for our October cruise and prices have gone up about 40% since we booked in March of 2012.

On our last cruise on the Epic, I was able to get some OBC after the final payment date when the price for our category dropped. I think the price drop was about $100 per person, and we got $50 total in OBC. On my upcoming cruise on the Sun, the price has dropped by $400 since I booked it. I called to ask if there was anything they could do for me, and they were able to give us an upgrade to a higher category balcony (from BB to BA). No OBC this time. I don't feel bad about it. I'm glad they did the upgrade, and the price I paid seemed good at the time.

I think it must be on a case by case basis - I called my PCC when I saw the first price drop - after final payment - it had gone down $600. There were no upgrades as we are in the Owners Suite but I asked nicely and she said she would see what she could do.....called me back and was able to get some OBC posted to my account. Since then it has dropped another $600 (now down $1200 from booking price) but I won't call again as I was happy to get an OBC with the first call as I know it wasn't guaranteed.

This is my first exprience with NCL and so far I am pleased but still would have understand if they did nothing as they didn't have to.

Tam

We're sailing in two weeks and I did the "dummy" booking and found that the cost for our cruise in the same type of cabin was $800 less. So, I called NCL and asked if there was anything they could do for us. The woman put me on hold and then came back and said that she could book an upgraded cabin and it would be guaranteed but we wouldn't find out where we were staying until check in that day. When I explained to her that I'd rather keep what I have she replied "oh I already changed your reservation". I was quite upset as I never told her to do that and that I was just inquiring what she might be able to do for us. She then proceeded to put me on hold several times and after approx. 22 minutes on hold said that someone would call me back. I waited two hours and no call back. I then called back again and asked for a supervisor who very nicely assured me that my reservation had been changed back to what we originally booked. Believe me - it wasn't worth the worry that we may have lost our room to try to do this. Also the OBC was not an option.

Archived