Celebrity Summit, Spring Break and Teens?

tammymacb

It's been a very long time since we've sailed Celebrity- though we cruise often.

I'm currently trying to find a good compromise cruise for Spring Break 2014.

We've done regular E and W Caribbean cruises to death and I'm looking for a different itinerary.

The stand outs are Celebrity Summit and Carnival (both the Valor and the new Breeze have good options for the week we're going). Well, I'm kind of done with Carnival also, and with all their recent issues, I'm not dying to hop back aboard. But, I don't want my teen daughter to be miserable (and thus make us miserable) on the trip.

She'll be 17 and we will take a friend with her.

I searched the forums and saw a few teens on Celebrity threads, but none addressing spring break week, when I'm guessing that there would be a significant increase in kids aboard.

I'd like some input on anyone who's sailed spring break with teens on Celebrity and also, specific info on teen activities aboard. My guess is I shouldn't do Celebrity (not because I don't want to, but because there are better options for teens) but I'd like some perspective before I wash my hands of the idea.

Thanks.

The problem is, Spring Break is spread throughout the months of March and April. Since Easter is so late in 2014 (April 20), no one really can determine when individual school districts will have their spring break. So, there's no real way to figure out how many teens will be on board. I guess you just take your chances and book the cruise, hoping that there will be other teens on board.

As for the activities, teens that are as old as your's usually don't actively participate in those kid's club activities. They find them lame. What usually happens is that the teens seek each other out and just hang out together.

Our sail was this past Mar 2nd. Spring break here in Quebec and a few places in the US. We saw some kids, and quite a few older teens. Nothing like CCL but for X it was above their normal. Like Kitty said, the kids club is not going to be up their alley, but there is still some things to keep them interested. he bonus about such a port heavy itinerary is that most days tend to be spent off exploring and you don't miss much on the boat. There is enough evening activity to occupy most. And the sea day.. Lounging by the pool seems to be the entertainment of choice, followed by people watching (especially those who are trying their hardest to get their money worth out of their beverage package).

Having a friend along, I have little doubt that the girls will be just fine for the cruise, and may actually enjoy the more mature environment.

Archived