? re: Cameron Reid vs. Glory Tours

MamaParrotHead

Am I correct in understanding that with Cameron, it's $100/4 people, but you have to pay your own way into the attractions (wildlife preserve, Harrison's cave, etc.) but with Glory tours, it's $70 pp and includes all admissions? just doing some digging for future cruise. thanks!:)

We paid $85- $90 with Glory Tours in October and it was worth every penny.

1)Harrison's Cave

2)Wildlife Preserve

3)Driving tour all over and through Bathsheba

4)Kodak moment stops

5)Lunch at a local eatery

6)Glass bottom boat

7)Swimming with turtles

8)Snorkeling

9)Seeing where all the stars have houses- the guide pointed out all the spots and even showed us where Tiger Woods got married while we were snorkeling.

Sarah@glorytours.org

www.glorytours.org

• 3 weeks later...

Mamaparrothead, yes, any admission fees are in addition to what you are paying for the car/driver with Cameron Reid. And, the $100/4 is for approx. 4 hrs of touring. It's about $25 for each addt'l hour. Once you have an idea of what you'd like to see/do, you can email Cameron and he'll let you know if your itinerary is doable w/in the 4 hrs or if you'll need to either pare it down or allow for addt'l time. That's what I did, and he was very patient in helping me refine our time on the island.

Becki

I just got off the phone with Glory Tours.

We are travelling to Barbados in September and I would like to condiser Glory Tours based on all of the positive reviews of the actual tour experience but I'm very hestiant based on all of the problems with the credit cards.

According to the woman I just spoke with (might have been Sarah but I didn't ask) ALL OF THE CREDITS WERE ISSUED AS OF YESTERDAY. Now is this another story of have they finally got their act together?

I'll wait for an update from the people who have actually been through hell with this issue before I book. I really hope everyone is able to respond back that they've finally received their credits. I would love to do this tour but I don't want to spoil the experience with months of follow-up torture.

poppabear

• 2 weeks later...

holly and cammie,

The only problem with not asking for payment in advance or at least a deposit, is that suppose you are on a 10 night cruise starting in Fort Lauderdale and Barbados is day 7. You book your tour, but when you arrive into Barbados you have decided not to go on the tour, for what ever reason. I've booked my day around you as the tourist, and if you don't show, I don't get paid. (I'm not saying this happens but it certainly can)

I would advocate more of a Non-refundable deposit of a percentage of the tour, or a flat fee, something that would cover my expenses (phone calls, faxes e-mails etc) if the person doesn't show rather than having a tourist make the full payment before the tour.

I'm glad to hear Sarah seems to have "come clean" at the moment. I have many times been tempted to pick up the phone and ask what the heck is going on. I may still do that.

holly and cammie,

I'm glad to hear Sarah seems to have "come clean" at the moment. I have many times been tempted to pick up the phone and ask what the heck is going on. I may still do that.

Please do. I am traveling with a group of 4 (possibly to be up to 10) and am carefully watching this board before I suggest anything or anyone to the group. I dont want to just "beach" every island we go to and am trying to decide which ones to do a tour on. This sounds like a great place to tour, but I dont want to get into the mess that everyone else has been having. Anyone with a more recent experience?

Sunniebgi:

I appreciate your reply to the cash only comment. How can Cameron Reid do cash only? He seems to be doing alright for himself. He has some good reviews on the board. Also, as a tourist, if I have taken the time to email and talk with you, why would I cancel when I got to your island or be a no show? I have done alot of cruising and touring with independents and have never left them standing at the pier. I have always made my committment without haveing to pay in advance. I don't mind paying in advance, it is the screwing around with MY CREDIT CARD I have not enjoyed! I think that the rest of the folks on this board are in agreement also.

Archived