Chair Saving- can I just move their stuff?

JnM

We'll be first time cruisers on the Conquest in October. I was under the impression that chair saving was not allowed though it frequently happens. Can't DH & I just move their stuff? I'm talking about if there's just a magazine or towel, not stuff all around where it's obvious that they're in the bathroom or something. No chair saving is the rules right? So they'll just be ticked off that I'm following the rules & they aren't, but no real consequence. Guess I'm just feeling mischievious today. :p

We'll be first time cruisers on the Conquest in October. I was under the impression that chair saving was not allowed though it frequently happens. Can't DH & I just move their stuff? I'm talking about if there's just a magazine or towel, not stuff all around where it's obvious that they're in the bathroom or something. No chair saving is the rules right? So they'll just be ticked off that I'm following the rules & they aren't, but no real consequence. Guess I'm just feeling mischievious today. :p

Well, not necessarily. There are no "rules" stating this. Just ask youself, what would happen if the chair was yours, and you went to the bathroom, and someone moved your stuff?

I don't like chair hoggers, but I can't say that I disagree with the thinking behind the saving.:cool: ;) :eek: :)

And save yourself the grief of confrontation.....after you remove their stuff, move the chair to a new location. They'll never know it's you.

Make sure you give enough time for them to return before proceeding with this act. I usually give 15 minutes, but only if the chair doesn't look like it's been used at all.

And save yourself the grief of confrontation.....after you remove their stuff, move the chair to a new location. They'll never know it's you.

Make sure you give enough time for them to return before proceeding with this act. I usually give 15 minutes, but only if the chair doesn't look like it's been used at all.

I agree with waiting fifteen minutes, but wouldn't you look like a fool moving the chair?:confused: :cool: :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

I'd move their stuff after, like you said, determining they're chair hogging and not just in the restroom, getting something to eat, etc.

Saving chairs is not allowed and you should see a sign somewhere nearby that looks like this:

373947074XhqMsW_ph.jpg

Have a great cruise!!!!

what would happen if the chair was yours

I would ensure a family person would be there to hold it for me while I left to the bathroom, besides both chairs would be very close together and one of us will be in one of them.

I can just imagine someone carrying a chair in the air to another side of the deck...wouldn't you look funny???

Doesn't look funny when the deck guys put out the chairs. I assume I don't look any more foolish than they. Often, I just take a new chair from the stock pile. I will have to have wife video me and see if I look foolish. I do it all the time with my lawn furniture. Gee, now I am very self conscious about deck chair moving.

BTW, I never carry them up in the air.

Well, not necessarily. There are no "rules" stating this. Just ask youself, what would happen if the chair was yours, and you went to the bathroom, and someone moved your stuff?

I don't like chair hoggers, but I can't say that I disagree with the thinking behind the saving.:cool: ;) :eek: :)

I saw a copy of a carnival capers that states, Please remember that we have a no seat saving policy in the lounges and on the open deck. This was on the internet copy that someone posted for the Glory. It was on page 2 under TOWELS. Is this not the rule anymore?

I saw a copy of a carnival capers that states, Please remember that we have a no seat saving policy in the lounges and on the open deck. This was on the internet copy that someone posted for the Glory. It was on page 2 under TOWELS. Is this not the rule anymore?

Yes, it is still the rule. Carnival just doesn't enforce it very well. I read on another thread somewhere that a passenger had removed a chair hog's belongings. When the chair hog came back, there was a little discussion and the chair hog found a Carnival employee....thinking the employee would make the guy move. Nope....chair hog was informed "no saving chairs".

Doesn't look funny when the deck guys put out the chairs. I assume I don't look any more foolish than they. Often, I just take a new chair from the stock pile. I will have to have wife video me and see if I look foolish. I do it all the time with my lawn furniture. Gee, now I am very self conscious about deck chair moving.

BTW, I never carry them up in the air.

The guy in the morning putting out the chairs isn't with anyone else. I imagine a full deck of people, and one person carrying the chair in the air and walking with it and saying excuse me to hundreds of people, second after second, which is why it would be foolish to me. What do you imagine?:confused:

Unless you are wanting a deck chair right by the pool there are always lots of empty chair available. Always lots of chairs on the topless deck.

Yes, it is still the rule. Carnival just doesn't enforce it very well. I read on another thread somewhere that a passenger had removed a chair hog's belongings. When the chair hog came back, there was a little discussion and the chair hog found a Carnival employee....thinking the employee would make the guy move. Nope....chair hog was informed "no saving chairs".

Thats awesome. I also read on a thread that some folks had actually made signs for their chairs and stuck them to their seats. The signs apparently had their names and cabin numbers. Can you believe the gall???

The guy in the morning putting out the chairs isn't with anyone else. I imagine a full deck of people, and one person carrying the chair in the air and walking with it and saying excuse me to hundreds of people, second after second, which is why it would be foolish to me. What do you imagine?:confused:

I don't imagine. I do it. And I'm doing it when the only occupants of the chairs are books, towels, sunglasses, and an occasional shoe. A pair if they are saving two chairs. They don't seem to mind, and generally say nothing.

My "excuse me's " go unnoticed.

I don't imagine. I do it. And I'm doing it when the only occupants of the chairs are books, towels, sunglasses, and an occasional shoe. A pair if they are saving two chairs. They don't seem to mind, and generally say nothing.

My "excuse me's " go unnoticed.

Do you do this during the night? I am very confused. I am thinking abouth the pool deck. Are you thinking of somewhere else? How can you possibly move a chair with several people sitting around you, without getting un noticed? How do you move chairs without lifting them up, when several people are surounding you?

Do you do this during the night? I am very confused. I am thinking abouth the pool deck. Are you thinking of somewhere else? How can you possibly move a chair with several people sitting around you, without getting un noticed? How do you move chairs without lifting them up, when several people are surounding you?
I didnt realize moving a chair was going to be this hard for you.:o

Archived