Torch lighters? Cigar smokers chime in!

AXiDMonica

Hi all!

My husband was wondering if torch lighters are allowed onboard? He plans to smoke cigars and wanted to bring his fav lighter with him but we would hate for it to get taken away.

We are sailing on the Breeze out of Miami. Can anyone chime in on this?

Thanks! :)

Yes, they are allowed onboard.

If flying they are not allowed anywhere; checked or otherwise.

I always hide mine.

Hmmm....mine must fool TSA or whoever at the airports. Have brought mine on my last 5 cruises in my travel humidor in my carry on, last month on Breeze cruise just had my cutter and lighter in carry on, not even in humidor...I always wondered if they'd "bust" me for that lighter, but not so far....maybe since it's a cheap one they miss it!!!

Hmmm....mine must fool TSA or whoever at the airports. Have brought mine on my last 5 cruises in my travel humidor in my carry on, last month on Breeze cruise just had my cutter and lighter in carry on, not even in humidor...I always wondered if they'd "bust" me for that lighter, but not so far....maybe since it's a cheap one they miss it!!!

LOL! Nope, you've just been lucky.

FWIW, cutters are ok. Take them in your pocket or any way you want to. Bic lights are ok too but I don't want to use them to light my cigars.

Archived