Cheers to iKim and Michael, Beverage Servers on the Breakaway.

I wish to publicly express my gratitude to the beverage waitress iKim along with beverage waiter Micheal during my June 2-9th 2013 voyage on the Norwegian Breakaway.

While the ship was still moored at Pier 88 my family was touring deck 8 while awaiting the departure and lifeboat drill. I was left behind taking photographs while the rest found Maltings on the Waterfront.

I caught up with them as their drinks were being served. I took a seat and met Miss iKim behind the bar. Not being a Scotch drinker I ordered a frozen Strawberry Margarita. Perfection with just the right amount of Tequila.

The bar then closed as it was too close to drill time to server further.

All during my week aboard Breakaway Miss iKim remembered my name and served me several delicious Margaritas. When I attended the ship’s frequent Tequila Tasting’s at the Maltings Beer & Whiskey Bar Miss iKim provided me with a good seat and help served the packed crowd of imbibers.

The Tequila Tasting on the Breakaway is a good bargain and laugh. The questions get a bit easier to answer as the course goes on. A lady in our class was able to correctly answer three of the questions for extra shots. And she was volunteered by the crowd to do the three shot drinking game. I pray she slept well that evening as with my five excellent Margaritas during the class left me with the need for a nap soon after.

The Manager of the Maltings, please forgive me for not remember his name, did an excellent job with the course keeping the growing happy crowd entertained for the full time.

When I first met Michael at Maltings he must have thought I was a nut of some kind because before ordering a drink I asked him for a white dinner napkin. He promptly brang me a great Margarita and a clean white napkin which I placed on my lap. I will reveal that I was wearing white trousers at the time and was being careful to not spill anything on them. Not sure many customers ask for a dinner napkin with a drink order.

Wherever I encountered iKim and Michael onboard the Breakaway during my cruise they remembered who I was, what I liked to drink and served me with a gracious smile that only provided me with warm memories of my cruise. Both of these wonderful people filled me with a desire to return for another cruise on an NCL ship.

If you are on the Breakaway please keep an eye out for iKim and Michael when you feel the need for an adult beverage. Let the know that Mr. Race appreciated their service and hopes to see them on future voyages.

Archived