Sleeping on an upper bunk..

Txwoman

I'm the 3rd person on my upcoming cruise and I'm the one that will have to sleep on the upper bunk. I'm old with ailments. Can someone please let me know what it's like getting up and down off of the bunk. I've never been in a cabin with an upper so I don't know how high it is off of the floor.

The reason I'm asking. They go to bed early and I'm wondering if it's going to easy for me to sneak in to go to sleep without waking them.

I'm the 3rd person on my upcoming cruise and I'm the one that will have to sleep on the upper bunk. I'm old with ailments. Can someone please let me know what it's like getting up and down off of the bunk. I've never been in a cabin with an upper so I don't know how high it is off of the floor.

The reason I'm asking. They go to bed early and I'm wondering if it's going to easy for me to sneak in to go to sleep without waking them.

There is a ladder. You may be able to call carnival or the ta to ask for a roll away instead

I shared a cabin with 3 friends during our 2 day CTN on the Carnival Legend, and since I was the last one to book, I got the bunk bed.

In my opinion, it was a tad bit difficult climbing in and out of the bunk. Admittedly, I was a bit fluffier at the time and was out of shape :o - I doubt that I'd have that problem now that I am 40lbs lighter and stronger than I was then. Noise was not a problem, so I don't think that you would wake them up from getting in and out of bed.

Old and with ailments and you got the upper? I'd say the bed is about 5 feet from the floor. Doesn't sound like you should be climbing ladders. What's going to happen if you need to use the bathroom in the middle of the night in a dark cabin? You'll either wake them turning on the light or else when you come crashing to the floor. I'm not trying to be mean and I don't wish this on you but this is a safety issue to be taken seriously. Definately try to get a rollaway bed.

I agree the upper is about 5' from the floor. My 17 year old son did fine...but if it'd been me???? I think I'd of put a pallet on the floor! Is there not a sofa/bed in the room you booked? My 16 year old son slept there. As for noise, we never knew when either of them came 'home' and crawled in bed. The upper was left down the whole time we cruised, we chose not to have it put away each day.

Your in a cabin you can't do a thing with out waking the other person...lol..

Everytime my DH and I travel with our friends we share a cabin to save money. I am in my late 40's and always 'reserve' the upper bunk for myself. I love it!

It is so much cooler towards the ceiling and I find that I don't rock as much

as those on the floor. I always go straight to sleep while everyone else is adjusting to the movement.. ha

However, if you have health problems, please ask for a roll-a-way. The ladder leading up to the bed is not very wide and is steep. I don't understand why the others in the room won't change you bunks? Good luck.:)

Thanks for the answers and pictures..

It's not that they "won't" switch with me. I'm the one that's insisting. I'm going with my son and daughter-n-law and they would switch with me in a heartbeat. I'm the odd person, so I want to make their cruise as comfortable as possible. I'm just trying to get a mind fix so I know what to expect and I can handle it with grace.

TxWoman, Once the 3 of you see the cabin,and the beds,I'm sure the son will insist that he take the upper bunk. MAMA, you Let Him Take It. I don't know what you mean by old,or what type of ailments,But... If you're close to 50,and have any kind of back or knee problems,then please don't attempt to climb that little old ladder. Take one of the twins and sleep well. Men can sleep anywhere,especially between the ages of 20 & 40.:D Have a wonderful and safe cruise.:D

we did the upper and lower once and we just took off the top matteress and threw it on the floor.worked real good, we just got back from fantasy and for our third person we had a rollaway, but all it was really was a matteress on the bed frame, still close to floor

Thanks for the answers and pictures..

It's not that they "won't" switch with me. I'm the one that's insisting. I'm going with my son and daughter-n-law and they would switch with me in a heartbeat. I'm the odd person, so I want to make their cruise as comfortable as possible. I'm just trying to get a mind fix so I know what to expect and I can handle it with grace.

I actually slept one night on the upper bunk on our Victory cruise and seriously it was not that bad.

I only had dificulty getting down and only because I could not judge the distance.. It seemed a lot higher than 5 feet. LOL

I kept a night light in the bathroom in case I needed to use the bathroom, also I kept the alarm clock near me so in case I did get up it provide the light ( blue ) to move about the cabin without waking the others

Remember if they offer, take them up on it...

:)

Archived