Cunard Formal Nights

LoeyCruiser

thank you. That was very helpful. I read that they have four THEMED balls on our cruise. My husband and I are not about to dress for themes. Hope it will be okay. I wonder how many people do this. Top hat and white tails? I don't think so. Hmmm.

thank you. That was very helpful. I read that they have four THEMED balls on our cruise. My husband and I are not about to dress for themes. Hope it will be okay. I wonder how many people do this. Top hat and white tails? I don't think so. Hmmm.

We had themed evenings and very few people bothered. There were masks for sale in the Queens Room on the evening of the Masquerade Ball and a fair few bought them.

One couple at our 2nd sitting in the MDR took things seriously and REALLY dressed for the occasion. On the evening of the Elizabethan Ball they had the full Elizabethan costumes on and the looked magnificent, but they seemed to be the only ones.

A few folk wore red, white and blue accessories for the London Ball.

If you don't dress according to the theme, you'll definitely be among the majority (I'd guess 90%).

If you fly to join a cruise, as I do you have no room or weight allowance for theme nights,

however I still dress "formal".

For Black and White night of course the solution is easy, whether you are a man or woman. for Ascot, I wear a pastel chiffon dress but NO HAT. For Masquerade, I wear black dress , gold necklace, gold sequined stole, gold bag, and a mask that is black and gold (by the way I purchased this mask, for less than $2.)

For the rest as I have said I simply wear whatever formal dress I choose. For men, wearing a tux, dress pants, dress shirt, bow tie will do for whatever night it is.

Most passengers simply wear formal for the theme nights. The balls by the way do not start until 9.45p.m so they are not the big thing that the brochures make them out to be.

If you fly to join a cruise, as I do you have no room or weight allowance for theme nights,

however I still dress "formal".

For Black and White night of course the solution is easy, whether you are a man or woman. for Ascot, I wear a pastel chiffon dress but NO HAT. For Masquerade, I wear black dress , gold necklace, gold sequined stole, gold bag, and a mask that is black and gold (by the way I purchased this mask, for less than $2.)

For the rest as I have said I simply wear whatever formal dress I choose. For men, wearing a tux, dress pants, dress shirt, bow tie will do for whatever night it is.

Most passengers simply wear formal for the theme nights. The balls by the way do not start until 9.45p.m so they are not the big thing that the brochures make them out to be.

As with our crossing, the "ball" night.....was Mask, and we did not attend.

I support Cunard with their dress code......but have a feeling that.....everytime I fly first class......Virgin Atlantic, or other first class carriers ... jeans is what is worn.

We came back from Southampton, Britiannia Class, which I'll never do again, as for the price , one has the same cabin as any balcony....no, actually a couple of square feet smaller...........but you are on deck 12, where, when it gets a bit of moderate seas........it's....according to my bride, a Disney E ride.

She had to stay down on deck two for the day, but that is another story.

I wore my tux, and my suit, for the line. I love the ship (QM2) but don't sail it for the 6PM dress code. I was raised from a very proper British Mother..........and what goes on today.......after 6 PM......on every night.......is nonsense!

Rick

Maggiemou is someone who loves dressing for the themed balls. You can see some of her outfits here starting with post 3130. If you continue down that page you will see some of Porthopper's pictures. Marie is another one who loves to dress for the balls.

Archived